mephisto69

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
I have a computer which I built myself ( a couple of years ago) and which has always run trouble free. This morning, however, I happened to be using it when suddenly it shut down of it’s own accord. Since then I have been unable to restart it. Appearance –wise, everything looks completely normal apart from one thing, which is that there are no lights at all on the front panel. All other leds are lit up, -the motherboard itself, monitor, keyboard mouse, the lot. This being the case, it looks to me like the fault is not with the PSU, but I could be mistaken. This is the first time I have ever had a computer actually refuse to power up, so am completely stumped. The computer has not been moved or tampered with in any way.

Motherboard is an Asus Crosshair, with two graphics cards (in SLI), 2 Gb RAM, and a 1000w power supply.

Normally, if a computer has a faulty component, it is still usually possible to switch the machine on, - all that happens is that the machine hangs on the POST and give error beeps. In my case, however, I cannot even switch the machine on in the first place.

I am wondering if there is a fault on the part of the Crosshair motherboard that controls the switches on the front panel of the computer.

Any ideas or suggestions most welcome.

mephisto69

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
Case - Akasa Mirage, (black, with side window)
PSU - Xilence 1000w (Modular quiet gaming edition)
CPU - AMD Athlon AM2 6000+ 3.0GHz
Mobo - Asus Crosshair
GPU - 2 x MSI GeForce NX8800GT Zilent – (in SLI configuration)
RAM - 2 x 1GB Ballistix DIMM, DDR2 PC2-6400
HD - Western Digital 250Gb SATA-II
OS - Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit