Need help with computer freezing up.

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Computer
  • Blue Screen
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
November 1, 2009 2:16:57 AM

My Computer freezes up and it will either restart, blue screen(with a different error all three times), or just freeze with whatever is on the screen. Can't use mouse or keyboard. In the Event Viewer I always get these three errors at the time it freezes.
1. Service Control Manager, Event 7000, The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
2. Service Control Manager, Event 7024, The Forceware Web Interface service terminated with service-specific error 1 (0x1).
3. Service Control Manager, Event 7026, The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: ntiomin
I don't know what these mean. It usually happens 20 min to 2 hrs after startup.

More about : computer freezing

November 1, 2009 2:26:20 AM

If it helps.
Widows XP Home SP3
Abit NF-M2 nView Motherboard
ATI Radeon HD 2400 videocard
2x 1GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 ram
AMD Athlon 64 x2 5400+ cpu
Western Digital 160 GB hard drive
a b B Homebuilt system
November 1, 2009 10:25:32 AM

Might be the RAM at fault here.

Download this http://www.memtest86.com/download.html

Burn the ISO to a CD and run the application (you'll have to set Disk Drive to boot priority 1 in the bios for it to run before windows does).

Run the test for a few hours and if the RAM is at fault it will show up as errors being made.
November 2, 2009 12:45:27 AM

Tried memtest86 and another one. Turns out that one of the ram sticks was bad. Also, the heatsink badly needed cleaned and that lowered my cpu temp by about 5C at windows idle(speedfan). After some searching i disabled the parallel port in the registry and set the Forceware Web Interface to manual in services and haven't got any more errors from them. Still can't figure out ntiomin though. Computer has not froze since I did these things. Thanks for your help!
!