My monitor won't display anything

JohnnyPark

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
I came home today and restarted my computer. When I did, it said no signal, check cable. I saw that one of the pins on the cable was pushed in so I tried another cable, and now when I turn on my computer the monitor just stays on stand-by mode not picking anything up. It was working fine.

I went to Best Buy, bought another Video Card and popped it in but still no luck. It's the exact same. I have no idea what to do. I've tried different PCI-Xpress slots, I've checked every cable I can think of, but still no luck. I'm at a complete loss.

The fans turn on, the hard drive light turns on, the graphics card, heat sink, green light for the mobo. Any ideas?

And I'll let you know, F8, BIOS, all that is out of the option, as my monitor does not pick up anything.

JohnnyPark

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
I've reseated my RAM and even put them into different slots. I'm going to try resetting the CMOS and see if that helps.

I've tried hooking up my PC on both my monitor and HDTV but it gets no signal.

skolpo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Have you tried letting it sit for about 5 minutes after you turn it on to see if it goes to Windows? Or constantly pressing the DEL key for the first 30 seconds? It sounds like a hardware issue other than the GPU.