Sign in with
Your question

Power is not coming to the main board

Last response: in Components
January 18, 2010 8:34:51 AM

hey guys help me on this matter.......i bought a MSI G31 mother board and 2.93 core 2 duo processor and a asus 1 gb 9400 gt graphic card......Issue is i cant on PC.it means smthing wrong with the power unit........but then i bought a new power unit of 400W......but the same issue is cmn....then i checked it with the seller and to his power unit it works and when i fixed it at ma home also it worked........but after i off and re on my PC it power didnt com to the board agaian.........i dnt knw wat is the wrng........whether its on the mother board or the power unit pls help me
thnax
Sanjeewa
a b V Motherboard
January 18, 2010 9:55:44 AM

Come back and ask a question after you learn to type coherent sentences with some similance of proper punctuation. thnax. k.
m
l
a c 144 ) Power supply
a c 156 V Motherboard
January 18, 2010 10:20:39 AM

You have a full keyboard available, not a cellphone keypad. Please use it.
m
l
Related resources
January 18, 2010 11:32:42 AM

Hey sorry guys .........
Its like this.I borrowed some parts to my computer.
MSI G31 mother board,2.93 core 2 duo processor,asus en 9400gt 1Gb VGA and a ddr2 1Gb ram......i think now you guys have idea about my computer.......:D 

Issue is when i assembled those parts in to the casin and when I switch on power is not coming to the board..basically I cant on my computer........

Then i thought something wrong in the mother board.
I went to the seller of those items and i checked the mother board from a power supply he has...

he said nothing wrong with the board and it may be your power supply,

So after that i bought a new power supply....At the very first time with that new power supply i could on the computer....

after using it i switched off it and on the next day i tried to on it again.but i couldn't....

i want to know what is the power unit i should use...or is it something wrong with the mother board
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 18, 2010 3:16:12 PM

Be sure to install the MB into the case using brass risers to avoid a short from the MB to the case. Also, check all cable connections to the MB including SATA cables, IDE, fans, etc to insure proper grounding. A short from the MB to the case is the likely problem, but if nothing works try unplugging the system from the wall for a few minutes then try to power on.
m
l
January 18, 2010 4:48:19 PM

sanjeewa87 said:
Hey sorry guys .........
Its like this.I borrowed some parts to my computer.
MSI G31 mother board,2.93 core 2 duo processor,asus en 9400gt 1Gb VGA and a ddr2 1Gb ram......i think now you guys have idea about my computer.......:D 

Issue is when i assembled those parts in to the casin and when I switch on power is not coming to the board..basically I cant on my computer........

Then i thought something wrong in the mother board.
I went to the seller of those items and i checked the mother board from a power supply he has...

he said nothing wrong with the board and it may be your power supply,

So after that i bought a new power supply....At the very first time with that new power supply i could on the computer....

after using it i switched off it and on the next day i tried to on it again.but i couldn't....

i want to know what is the power unit i should use...or is it something wrong with the mother board

What we need to know is what kind of Core 2 Duo are you putting in? Do u see the fans power up but nothing on the screen? So you said that you got another power supply and "....At the very first time with that new power supply i could on the computer...." Do that mean it worked and you was able to install windows?

If you hear the fans turning on, but you have a blank screen, That G31 Motherboard might need a BIOS update to work with an Newer 45nm C2D. Most of the time the only way to update the BIOS is to get an older 755 Intel chip to help it boot, and then update the BIOS to the latest Version. That's my guess, but without better and clearer information, its hard to help you. :pt1cable: 
m
l
January 19, 2010 4:01:12 AM

yeah i checked all cable connections and they were alright.........

Then i took MB away from the case and i connected the pins which should be connected to the motherboard and i tried to check whether power is coming to the board..........

At that time also power didn't come to the MB........

Then i tried with my old mother board and i could on it.......
m
l
!