ATI CCC Profile not recalling Display Group setting

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Monitors
  • Displays
  • Graphics
Last response: in Displays
November 10, 2009 3:56:39 AM

I have an ATI Radeon 5870 which I am using to drive 3 displays under Window 7.

Using the Catalyst Control Center I have created 2 profiles:
"Extended Displays" : this profile has my monitors configured as 3 separate extended desktops
"Spanned Displays" : this profile has all 3 monitors configured as a single wide monitor at 3840x1024

Using CCC I can switch between these 2 profiles for productivity (extended) or gaming (spanned) using hotkeys set up in CCC.

However when I switch to the Spanned profile the Display Group setting is always Disabled and all three monitors repeat a single desktop. I have to open CCC and manually Enable the Display Group to get the desktop to span all 3 monitors.

I have tried recreating the "Spanned Displays" profile but it always works the same way.

It kinda sucks that even though I have a hotkey set up to switch profiles I still need to open CCC to get this profile to do what I want.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

My system info:
* Windows 7 - 64 bit
* AMD Phenom 940 Quad CPU
* Asus M4N72-E NF750A Mainboard
* MSI Radeon 5870
* 8GB OZC RAM
* 1 Dell 2408wfp monitor (via Displaylink)
* 2 Dell 1907fp monitors (via DVI)

PS. Other than this one issue I absolutely love this card.
Playing first person shooters at 3840x1024 with all of the settings cranked up is well worth the price of the card and the additional monitors :D 

More about : ati ccc profile recalling display group setting

November 24, 2009 10:15:53 PM

I actually have the same problem with my 4890 and I am only spanning two monitors. I hate rebooting now because that is my default profile and it is a pain in the rear to have to rework it EVERY time I start my computer.

Also I have to redo my monitor settings for refresh rate and maximum display. Basically rebuild the whole damn thing. The profiles have been useless to me.

Wish I could help but I have been looking for a solution to this for about 2 months and so far there isn't one.
m
l