Are these good temps for OCing?

chosen12k6

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Hello,

I am new to overclocking and so I do not know if these are good temps or not. My stock specs are AMD Phenom IIx4 3.0ghz BE , M5A97 mobo, kingston hyper x ram 1333mhz, 500w antec green efficient 80+cert psu, Sapphire 6770 gpu, Raidmax Atlas 295wb case. I unlocked 2 addtional cores on the amd phenom II x4 making it a 6 core and ocd it to 3.7ghz the temp while playing swtor stays around 45 C ran prime 95 for 6 hours before it gave me a blue screen. I added a fan(hoping the right direction with the fan blade facing towards the heatsink for the push pull effect. Ran Prime 95 again failed after 12 hours. Im comfortable with this since the chance of the putting 100%load on all cores at that speed for that long are slim to none. But never the less my temps while gaming for a about 6 hours are this:
CPU Overclocked:34-40 C
Mobo:27-30C

I just want to know if that is a good temp for being overclocked and unlocked cores with a hyper 212 plus push pull or maybe I have the fan on the wrong direction. Any help will be appreciated. Also is it safe to run my cpu at that speed if I get a fail after a few hours.

chosen12k6

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
was just looking at it and my Vcore voltage changes dependent on usage (weird i know) i looked last night while running prime 95 and the vcore was 1.4.. today I am looking at it and it is 1.39. is that normal or an option in with my mobo. Thanks oh I am using Asus Suite to monitor all my temps and cpu freq ( i dont know how accurate that it) but its the only one that can read my cpu freq and all temps. Cpu-Z, Core Temp, Real Temp, HW Monitor all cannot read the temp of my cpu thanks again