Humax vs Tivo

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
September 6, 2005 1:01:03 AM

I am wondering what are the differences between the Humax branded
boxes and the Tivo branded boxes? I have seen a few threads here
discussing troubles with the Humax boxes that Tivo boxes dont seem to
have. Are there significant differences?

Thanks

More about : humax tivo

Anonymous
September 6, 2005 8:32:56 AM

harold <maytonh_nospam@cox.net> writes:
>I am wondering what are the differences between the Humax branded
>boxes and the Tivo branded boxes? I have seen a few threads here
>discussing troubles with the Humax boxes that Tivo boxes dont seem to
>have. Are there significant differences?

TiVo doesn't make boxes. Humax, Sony, Toshiba, Hughes, etc. make boxes.
There have been some problems with each of them, it tends to go in
phases, just like any consumer grade product.
September 6, 2005 8:57:31 AM

Doug McIntyre <merlyn@geeks.org> wrote in news:431d1bf8$0$72864
$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com:

> harold <maytonh_nospam@cox.net> writes:
>>I am wondering what are the differences between the Humax branded
>>boxes and the Tivo branded boxes? I have seen a few threads here
>>discussing troubles with the Humax boxes that Tivo boxes dont seem to
>>have. Are there significant differences?
>
> TiVo doesn't make boxes. Humax, Sony, Toshiba, Hughes, etc. make boxes.
> There have been some problems with each of them, it tends to go in
> phases, just like any consumer grade product.

There are, however, TiVo-branded boxes. And the difference, if any,
between them and Humax-branded is negligible.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/archive/index.php/...

http://www.weaknees.com/dtv_faq_detail.php?categoryID=2...

September 7, 2005 2:16:40 AM

On 6 Sep 2005 04:57:31 GMT, Howard <stile99@email.com> wrote:

>Doug McIntyre <merlyn@geeks.org> wrote in news:431d1bf8$0$72864
>$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com:
>
>> harold <maytonh_nospam@cox.net> writes:
>>>I am wondering what are the differences between the Humax branded
>>>boxes and the Tivo branded boxes? I have seen a few threads here
>>>discussing troubles with the Humax boxes that Tivo boxes dont seem to
>>>have. Are there significant differences?
>>
>> TiVo doesn't make boxes. Humax, Sony, Toshiba, Hughes, etc. make boxes.
>> There have been some problems with each of them, it tends to go in
>> phases, just like any consumer grade product.
>
>There are, however, TiVo-branded boxes. And the difference, if any,
>between them and Humax-branded is negligible.
>
>http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/archive/index.php/...
>
>http://www.weaknees.com/dtv_faq_detail.php?categoryID=2...

Thanks. I did mean "tivo branded" but neglected to include that
detail. i appreciate the information.
!