Which came first the EGG or Chicken

frankma

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Sorry for the stupid question. I received the P7P55D Lga1156 mother board and the I7 860 Processor.

The Case and other should get it in the middle of the week, The question is should I install the processor on the MOBO first and then in the case.
OR
MOBO in the case, then Processor. tia

quattro04

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2008

The method I usually use is to install the processor first then installing the processor's heatsink and verifying that all the heatsink's pins are positioned properly before mounting your motherboard to your computer casing.

For your first question, I think its the chicken that came first. :D

i install the proccessor fiest but i dont install heatsink and fan til after i mount it in the case. Main reason id wait for the heatsink is those clips on the heatsink arnt always of best quality and could break dureing installatioon of board.

O and the chicken came first

With a large HS, you need to check that you can slide or position the mobo inside the case with it mounted. My last build, I had about 1/8th inch clearance between the HS and the case edge.

Also, with a New Egg, obviously the chicken came first, and the chicken came from an Old Egg :kaola: .

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

The processor is not the problem installing, its the heatsink.

but with from intel 775 upwards its always recommended to install the processor with the board out of the case as it reduces damage to the socket.

as the chip is bigger it is more of a risk with people with fumberly fingers to damage the pins in the socket to make sure you hold the processor by the edges and make sure its the right way round before you put the chip in its socket, put the metal plate over the processor and it will click in place when its installed. Make sure each "pin" of the heatsink is installed into the hole on each corner and will click several times when its installed fully.

Technically, the Chicken came before the Egg. First of all, "C" is alphabetically superior to "E", therefore Chicken comes before Egg in all proper dictionaries.

Also, according to Genesis 1:24-25

"Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth all kinds of living creatures: cattle, creeping things, and wild animals of all kinds." And so it happened:

God made all kinds of wild animals, all kinds of cattle, and all kinds of creeping things of the earth. God saw how good it was.
"

Note it says animals, not eggs or seed of animals. Therefore, the Chicken was created before the Egg. That being said, it is proper to address the question as, "Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?" as opposed to "Which came first, the Egg or the Chicken?". Thereby, since the proper manner of asking the question already gives due honor to the Chicken's superiority to the Egg, you have already answered the question through the question itself.

As to your other question, install the processor and the cooler first. Especially if it's the default/stock Intel heat sink. You need to make sure those push pins pop through all the way and are snuggly in place before you install the motherboard. This will save you some hassle later.

seerwan

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
King Silas says "in the face of overwhelming evidence in favor of evolutionary theory we should simply accept that the egg came first since it came from a proto-chicken and resulted in something quite different from the “mother.”"

LOL - I always wondered where AMD fanbois came from :D.

frankma

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Guys you're all confused and screwed up
Its the rooster that came first, then God made the chicken(since its a female) and the egg came after. think of Adam and Eve. God Made Adam first then he made EVE (a companion to Adam). I home we don't have any feministe around. <BG>

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
*SIGH*
The egg, which was layed by something remotely chicken like, and then hatched something slightly more chicken like, repeated thousands of times across a few million years.

And yes, if its an Intel, and it uses push-pins to hold the heatsink on, install outside the case. You'll thank us later.

randomkid

Distinguished
Well it depends on which egg and which chicken we are talking about... a certain chicken came from its mother's egg. So in this case, the egg came first before that particular chicken. Now, when this chicken, in turn lay its own egg, then we can say it came first than its egg.

But if this chicken happens to be sterile and can not lay eggs or die before it can, then it will never be ahead of any egg... therefore can not be first... because how can it be first when it is alone and nothing to compare to...

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
we have reached a new low in combining god and computers.

Im not saying God doesnt exist but man made computers and what does god have to do with installing a processor.

If was man made it has faults where if god made it it would be perfect.

someguy7

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007

Slim Jims are a good snack at 2am.

frankma

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010

I didn't want to bring God into this subject or board, it was just a reference to Adam and Eve as in Christian religion goes "God Made Man" so that's why the Rooster came before the Chicken or the Egg.