Solved

Upgrade compaq presario V3411TU prosessor

I wanted to upgrade my processor power Intel celeron m 520 @ 1.6ghz. can any one tell me if it is posibble or not.. Plus i have no idea on how to upgrade my laptop prosesor power..
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade compaq presario v3411tu prosessor
  1. Best answer
    I don't recommend it; laptop motherboards are even more cpu specific than oem desktops, and the upgrade possibilities are a crapshoot. You may not like the performance boost for the $$ spent. If you don't like your laptop speed, get a newer one with more memory and a faster cpu. You can try selling your old one on craigslist.
  2. If you not going to miss the laptop if anything goes wrong, try running a 1.8Ghz or 2GHz, but 99% are not meant to be upgraded.
  3. So you mean that there are no option to upgrade my laptop..
  4. IF you want to try it anyway, starmicro has more laptop cpus than anyone else. But they have a strict no return policy for cpus that aren't compatable. I still don't recommend it. Check your laptop for an empty memory slot; add some more ram if you can.
  5. o1die said:
    IF you want to try it anyway, starmicro has more laptop cpus than anyone else. But they have a strict no return policy for cpus that aren't compatable. I still don't recommend it. Check your laptop for an empty memory slot; add some more ram if you can.

+1

Laptops CPUs are not designed to be upgraded. Heat and power issues...
  6. Best answer selected by bonzer87.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Presario Power