My GTX 275 with a new 600w PSU, burns in 30 min...

zoolcomputers

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
After months deciding what to buy... I got the Leadtek GTX275, in the same time I got the X factor 600PSU for it.
Replace everything and say good bye for me 8600GT. everything went ok, I rung games like never before, everything is high res and quality..

but...

when I turned off the pc, while turning it off, the PSU burns.

After while, I re-connect my old 400W and it was heavier in weight than the new one., worked for hours with no problem. (BUT) not connected fans or DVD's.

my questions:
1- Can I run the GTx 275 on my 400W PSU.
2- Why the new 600W PSU burns? is it a factory error, Overload (3 Fans + 2 HDD's + 2 DVD's) with the GTX 275.

I'm returning my PSU Back. anyone know what's going on?
Thanks.

Either the PSU is defective or most likely is just crappy. Many cheap PSU's can't handle their rated capacity. Hardocp usually does pretty good reviews of PSU's any PSU over 500 watts that can pass their testing would serve as a good replacement.

zoolcomputers

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
Well, good question, but man I live in Baghdad, It's very hard to find something good, Maybe the best PSU here is GIGABYTE, and my old PUS from Beirut, still working for the 3rd year.
I Know that this X Factor is a crappy but maybe the best in the market, they even put it on 3 way SLI.