Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Core and Multiplier jumps in CPU-Z

Last response: in Overclocking
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 8, 2012 12:50:08 AM

I read some other posts that had been solved on this topic and tried to apply all the advice to my situation with no success. I have an AMD FX-6100 that I have OC'd to 4.6ghz. I disabled C1E in BIOS and still have issues with CPU-Z showing a fluctuation in core speed and multiplier. When not in full load it will jump from 1400mhz x 7 to 4612mhz x 22.5. So I run prime95 to get a full load and it jumps from 3074mhz x 15 to 4612mhz x 22.5. Is this normal or troublesome? Also, I've noticed in prime95 some cores fall behind a test or two, is this a cause for concern as well?
March 8, 2012 2:56:04 AM

That seems to just be the Turbo doing whatever it should do. Turbo can work on a single module instead of all of them, so if one module slows down, another can speed up.
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 8, 2012 3:41:37 AM

Everything you posted above is normal. The CPU uses cores as needed, and significantly slow down the ones not it use (not quite sure if they are turned off yet). It's all just to save power, heat and wear on the CPU. If it's functioning fine then there's no need to even think twice about it.
Related resources
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
March 8, 2012 5:29:51 AM

You disabled C1e, not C&Q?
as mentioned,cool and quiet throttles down when not required, and kicks up when it is
Moto
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 8, 2012 10:09:56 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
You disabled C1e, not C&Q?
as mentioned,cool and quiet throttles down when not required, and kicks up when it is
Moto

Yeh I disabled C&Q, but I guess the system is functioning fine so I'll stop worrying about the numbers. Thanks for the help guys.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 8, 2012 10:10:30 AM

Best answer selected by stickg1.
m
l
!