New motherboard + Need help.

Hi I'm new in here.
Need help with some questions about this motherboard.

Got this motherboard ASUS P5N72-T Premium of a friend, he got a new one back from support + the old one apparently working again.

Don't know much about computers, so please :) these are perhaps some stupid questions.

1). Can I just take the motherboard out and put the new in, just so?
2). Do i need to put bios to default settings before I do it (no OC)??
3). Am i going to format the HDD again, or can they run as nothing happen???
4). The reason for the new motherboard is because I have an extra XFX 8800 GT in my possession and was thinking about running sli.
5). The final question, will i fell that i got 2 gpu's and can my psu handle it? 38A overall +12V rails or do i need new psu?

Maybe this is an old computer, but got no money to spare right now.

PC Specs
ASUS P5B Deluxe
XFX 8800 GT
Corsair Twin 2X2048-6400
Thermaltake 680 Watt
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 OC 3.33 Ghz
Scythe Infinity
1xWD Raptor 360ADFD
2xWD Caviar SE16 2500KS
Multi-boot: Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows 7 Pro.
! Not I who did the OC !
2 answers Last reply
More about motherboard help
  1. 1. Yes.
    2. You should.
    3. You won't need to format the drive, but you probably will need to reinstall Windows.
    4. OK.
    5. Your PSU should be adequate. A pair of 8800GT's need about 15 amps. Add another 8 amps for your CPU. That gives you more than 15 amps for the rest of the system.

However, I would put in a better PSU. 38 amps for a 680 watt PSU is kind of weak. A 550 watt Corsair produces 41 amps and a 650 watt Corsair produces 52 amps at 12 volts.
  2. "However, I would put in a better PSU."

Whats it matter, if it can handle the system why get rid of it? Or are those PSUs junk or something...
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Motherboards