Help overclocking a 960t on an Asus m4a87td-evo

I just got this processor, and honestly when it comes to overclocking i know little.I was able to get it to 3.7 in the bios without increasing anything, but my goal is 4ghz.I dont want to unlock cores atm.Please help.Temps are not a concern for me, i have an h60.

P.S i tried turbo EVO but it bluescreens when it goes past 3.7.
4 answers Last reply
More about help overclocking 960t asus m4a87td
  1. aaka3207 said:
    I just got this processor, and honestly when it comes to overclocking i know little.I was able to get it to 3.7 in the bios without increasing anything, but my goal is 4ghz.I dont want to unlock cores atm.Please help.Temps are not a concern for me, i have an h60.

P.S i tried turbo EVO but it bluescreens when it goes past 3.7.

real quickly have you done any stress testing at 3.7 yet? and you need to monitor your temps.
  2. Did You Use The Automatic Overclocking In The BIOS?, And I Cant Remeber And Am Too Lazy To Look It Up.. What Is The Stock Speed For That CPU?
  3. austinwillie_95 said:
    real quickly have you done any stress testing at 3.7 yet? and you need to monitor your temps.

How? and i have been it doesnt go over 35 even under load
  4. hella-d said:
    Did You Use The Automatic Overclocking In The BIOS?, And I Cant Remeber And Am Too Lazy To Look It Up.. What Is The Stock Speed For That CPU?

i didnt know it had that feature........ and its 3ghz
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Evo