Printer drivers

jdeath

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
hi, a friend uninstalled windows xp from my pc and installed a version of windows 7.now my pc wont recognise my printer,scanner,or phone .i only gave it to him to do a general clean up of the pc,as i was happy with windows xp should i just get windows 7 uninstalled and put xp back on?.i have the xp installation disk.if i put the installation disk into pc the installation wizard offers an option to save data from "old" computer.will i be able to use this option to save my photos,favorites etc?

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
By all means keep Windows 7!

Try going to Windows Update settings and check the box "Give me recommended updates the same way as I receive important updates. If windows doesn't find the drivers then, update your USB drivers and Google your device drivers manually.

jdeath

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011

hi all,have tried to download drivers,and have also tried to install the drivers from original discs that came with printer etc,but wont install

jdeath

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011

its an epson r200
scanner is hp scanjet 2400
phone is samsung galaxy ace

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009

jdeath

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
thanks chris,ill give it another try,but seems like the version of windows 7 installed here wont recognise any drivers.

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
When Windows prompts you with the question to either browse the computer for a driver or go on the internet, browse and specify the driver location manually (after downloading the drivers that is).

As for the printer, if Windows doesn't recognize it, switch USB-port and see if it helps. It should be Plug & Play.