Troubleshooting toshiba satellite laptop

After shutting down my lap top the power light stays on. I have tried removing the battery and this works but only temporarily and in a few days I am facing the same issue. Has anyone else had this problem and knows the solution?
6 answers Last reply
More about troubleshooting toshiba satellite laptop
  1. queenofhearts said:
    After shutting down my lap top the power light stays on. I have tried removing the battery and this works but only temporarily and in a few days I am facing the same issue. Has anyone else had this problem and knows the solution?

may find something here.
    http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&p=toshiba+power+light+stays+on+after+shut+down
  2. Thank you for your response but I couldn't find a solution on any of those websites.
  3. queenofhearts said:
    Thank you for your response but I couldn't find a solution on any of those websites.

Already looked in event viewer for errors ?
  4. I wouldn't even know what to look for in the event viewer.
  5. queenofhearts said:
    I wouldn't even know what to look for in the event viewer.

At least, give it a try ! - There are several TABS in event viewer. View each one. Critical errors have a RED X. Informational notes have an "I".
    You may get lucky and see something you can understand, but the messages are Microsoft Cryptic ! (Thanks Gates)

But I am guessing it is a hardware issue dealing with onboard connection of the Power supply to the MOBO.
  6. Thanks, I'll give it a try. I'll let you know how I go.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Toshiba Windows XP