RAM, RAM, RAM....

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Hello all been shopping for some new DIMMS and just wanted some opinions on, whichs DIMMs to buy...

System specs: Asus M4A89GTD/PRO
2x4GB 1600 MHz G. Skill Sniper (ugh)
X4 965 BE
x-fired 6870's

This is my main gaming rig and I need 2000 MHz CAS 8 or 9...I have been looking at the Mushkin Redlines, or the Corsair Dominator, and Waitng on the AMD Radeon series to release. Does anyone have any opinions on which is the more rock solid stable DIMM's with low latencies @ 2000 MHz?

Solution
If your on a mechanical HDD, having blazing fast ram won't help your speeds. Loading times will stay the same, as will boot-times.

If your on an SSD, faster ram may allow you to see a marginal improvement.

If you, however, have alot of RAM partitioned as a temporary game/application storage space, you'll see a more reasonable improvement.

Don't see why you'll want 2000 MHZ Ram, anyway. Just get a few sticks of good 1600MHZ Ram, and you'll be fine.

MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
If your on a mechanical HDD, having blazing fast ram won't help your speeds. Loading times will stay the same, as will boot-times.

If your on an SSD, faster ram may allow you to see a marginal improvement.

If you, however, have alot of RAM partitioned as a temporary game/application storage space, you'll see a more reasonable improvement.

Don't see why you'll want 2000 MHZ Ram, anyway. Just get a few sticks of good 1600MHZ Ram, and you'll be fine.

Solution