Solved

Boot up blue screen

Hello, i just got my pc back from the dooshbags at cyber power, and im still having one problem. They had to replace the mobo becuase it was apparently "defective" and gave me all sorts of problems. Now my problem is getting a blue screen error, in which it dumps physical memory and what not, on start up only. The weird thing is that it only happens when i first turn the computer on after being off for a while. Once the pc is running, you can shut it off and back on with no problems. It is only when you first start the computer and windows 7 is attempting to load. The pc will beep several times when you first turn it on and will fail to boot windows. When you restart you hear no beeps at all and the problem never repeats itself.

My specs are listed in my sig

Any ideas???
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about boot blue screen
  1. This sounds a lot like a RAM problem. Typically BSOD is associated with RAM. First get into your BIOS and ensure that the settings are NOT configured to "auto".

Next download MemTest86+ 4.0 from www.memtest.org. Download the disc image(.iso) and then burn it to disc. After the burn, run the test by restarting your computer. The test will run automatically, provied that your boot order is set to read from cd/dvd first.

Should MemTest find any errors, that could mean that your RAM or mobo is bad. 9 out of 10 times the RAM is bad, but there is that off chance that the mobo they put in is still bad. This could be especially true if:

1. The mobo is the same model
    2. Same revision
  2. is windows 7 RAM test not good enough??

They had me also remove the overclock back to default settings. It only happens on a cold restart after the pc was off for a while. i am currently running one ram stick at a time looking for a problem
  3. Generally, I do not trust any Microsoft diagnostic tool, as they are limited to the parameters of the OS. MemTest86+ will test the RAM independantly of an OS. And I forgot to mention that when you run memtest, it is best to do it overnight or for about 7-8 hours, but to get the best results, it may take 12+ hours.
  4. alright thanks, first im going to start it up several times over the next few days with different memory sticks in it. if everything checks out i will put the overclock settings back on and see if that causes the problem. its only a 30% OC tho

Correct me if im wrong but having only one RAM stick in at a time and trying to boot up the PC cold will isolate which RAM is bad or if they are not the problem, correct??
  5. Best answer
    Testing one RAM module at a time would technically only tell you which of the set your mobo won't boot with. You could have RAM that is brand new and in perfect working condition, but unsupported by your mobo, and therefore your mobo will not boot.

Similarly, you could have brand new RAM that is dead on arrival, which too, will cause a "no boot" issue. Either way, by using the method of "one stick at a time", you won't conclusively see if the RAM is bad; using MemTest will do that for you.
  6. Best answer selected by crispy7.
  7. Your mobo is trying to communicate with you the series of beeps is a code indicating an error you count the beeps look it up according to make and model and it will tell you exactly what's wrong with it usually. Unless you have a digital led read out panel like on the Asus ROG boards Maximus V Gene for instance.This was the early method of code signaling. Very handy memory was the thing that popped into my head as well.
  8. Your mobo is trying to communicate with you the series of beeps is a code indicating an error you count the beeps look it up according to make and model and it will tell you exactly what's wrong with it usually. Unless you have a digital led read out panel like on the Asus ROG boards Maximus V Gene for instance.This was the early method of code signaling. Very handy memory was the thing that popped into my head as well.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Blue Screen