Last response: in Components
January 18, 2010 6:45:29 PM

]http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&prod=32]

I think so (for £80 at least).

Anyone else got it? What do you think?

More about : sexiest case

a b ) Power supply
January 18, 2010 8:07:25 PM

Seriously? It's a blank black box. LOL There's nothing interesting about it to me at all. ;) 

It does have cable management though...
January 18, 2010 8:11:13 PM

Quote:
8x 3,5 inch HDD trays, compatible with SSD!

What!? Really?? nahh...

I reckon they be conning us on that one :heink: 
Related resources
January 18, 2010 8:15:37 PM

Quote:
Stunning front panel design

and why is there no picture there of this Stunning feature hidden away behind that P182 looking door LOL
a b ) Power supply
January 18, 2010 8:27:44 PM

WTF are you smoking? It's a black box with a blue light!!!

So I have to say esuckq, my answer is

NO
January 18, 2010 8:31:27 PM

What's not to love about a plain black box?

Yea ok, it is a copy of the P182, but so is the Lian Li PC-B10 and that's twice the price of this.

My other option was the Silverstone FT01, but again it's twice the price. The window's cool, but understated definately beats millions of LEDs in my book.

a b ) Power supply
January 18, 2010 9:11:24 PM

bland.... boring.... featureless styling..... waste of money
January 18, 2010 9:28:48 PM

I'll buy it for 10 dollar and if a similar lian li is 200 dolllars more expensive
Edit: I like their power supplies.
Quote:
Every manufacturer claims to have this, but we have real life numbers to show: less than 1% in RMA rate is an impressively low number.
That's because no one buys it
January 18, 2010 9:34:06 PM

fugly.

looks like a box.

sry.
January 18, 2010 9:49:05 PM

lol, at least it gets a reaction I guess!

Come on though, someone else must like it- you can't all love pimped up neon monstrosities covered in knobs, dials, light tubes and glowing fans!

It's understated elegance people... (or maybe it's just me)
January 18, 2010 10:19:40 PM

well...

I have to say I do have the P182 myself and love it ;) 

This case is an badly thought out copy (almost thought it was not bad at 1st glance):

Comes with 1 less fan
Fan controller - seems to be simple single rear mounted rehostat controlling all 3 fans :pfff: 
"While the poor thermal performance is impossible to overlook" from a review they listed (another review thought it was good to be fair)
Only has 1 5.25 bay if using a floppy (or similar)
...so no space for a Real fan controller + DVD/RW
Bad airflow over HDD stack IMO Most PSU's will suck "dusty" air from underneath case (under PSU is 120mil fan grill) - some might like this "feature"
Cheap tacky(maybe not literally) bitumen sound deadening coating on side panels (works well though)
Bad paintjob (thin layers) (according to one review)
Don't like the cheap looking foam stuck on back of door (hidden from almost all pics - even in reviews - except 1)
I'd like to see you fit a 290mm GFx card in there that it claims it can take! (best hope its pwr connectors are not on the end LOL)

Well, thats the bad...
...not a fan of this one I guess

This case should cost £40 to £60 at a real push, not £80

I will be buying a P183 / P193 for my next case and easily prefer my P182 over this one :sol: 
January 18, 2010 11:02:07 PM

I like the looks of it and bit-tec just did a review of almost that exact case here. I would not take it over my FT01 even with the price difference, but to me the extra I spent on the case which will last for many years made it seem less important.
a b ) Power supply
January 18, 2010 11:19:55 PM

There's elegance and then there's dull.

Lian Li Tyr X-500 is elegant. Lian Li A05 is elegant. Antec P182 is elegant. NZXT Hush is very nice too.

The Fractal Design cases are just dull.

Best-looking case IMO is either Silverstone Temjin TJ07 (inverted ATX with window of course) or Silverstone Raven RV01
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
January 18, 2010 11:35:00 PM

Some people like this stuff. It's minimalist, I like it a lot. I wouldn't pay whatever they were asking for it however, If I was really that bothered I'd make my own.
a b ) Power supply
January 19, 2010 11:24:39 AM

Not necessarily a bad look, very minimalistic.

The front fans are very useless though.
Once you close that insulated front panel they become nothing more than glorified noise makers :na: 

January 19, 2010 11:47:42 AM

Well, thanks everyone for your opinions ;-)

I agree airflow could potentially be a problem, and it does tread the line between elegance and meh, but I'm going to give it a go... I'll let you know how I get on.
a c 248 ) Power supply
January 19, 2010 12:32:37 PM

^5 +1 what outlw6669 said

Forget the looks. The door on the front bezel is a very major flaw. The door, foam, and air filter severely restrict airflow to the two fans at the bottom front. It is a very very bad design.

Another very major flaw is the drive cage. The absolute minimum in a modern atx mid-tower case is three external 5.25 inch drive bays. There are no drive bays for extra devices that gamers and enthusiasts install.
January 19, 2010 1:10:52 PM

I would have thought the front door would be ok for airflow. Ok, it's not ideal, but it looks to be set forward 20mm or so to allow air to come in from the side. It's pretty much the same as the Antec P series in this regard. In any case, the fans aren't blocked so you may just have to install a fan with a higher pressure rating to overcome the losses accociated with the convoluted flow path. Of course if all else fails, there are another 5 fan positions to choose from!

I agree more drive bays would be nice, but it's not an issue for me particularly. As for the excessive number of harddrive bays, I'm considering removing them all so I can suspend one harddrive in front of the lower fan. Should free up airflow a lot and help with noise reduction, which is really what this case is all about.
Anonymous
January 19, 2010 1:18:43 PM

This used to be the designs that they made in the 04's, Its neither evolutional like the BMW's nor does it provide promising VFM.
January 19, 2010 11:50:04 PM

i love it
January 20, 2010 12:17:54 AM

But look how thick that door is!

and it is recessed when closed, won't allow that much room for airflow - and certainly not anything like the space the Antec cases have.

My Bro just ordered the Antec P183 tonight from http://www.ginger6.com/ for £109.76 including VAT and comes with free delivery.

Horrible site to browse for stuff though :pfff: 
January 20, 2010 10:11:12 AM

Can I have a Input. I think the sexiest case ever is the Cooler Master CM Storm Scout
a b ) Power supply
January 20, 2010 10:16:00 AM

it's certainly up there if lighting's your thing
January 20, 2010 11:44:35 AM

Not really my thing, but then I do like plain black boxes...
January 20, 2010 1:42:23 PM

I Like plain box too ... I got a tj09 with windowless panel. Like that style.
a b ) Power supply
January 20, 2010 2:51:40 PM

January 20, 2010 3:02:32 PM

just a shame about the £500+ price tag on that case!
January 20, 2010 10:21:29 PM

But the question was sexiest case out there not best value

Well unless money gets you going.........
January 20, 2010 11:09:22 PM

Only jealous as can't afford it yet ;) 

That is a pretty funky case!
January 21, 2010 3:43:43 PM

What !?!?!?!?! that case is not nice at all. It looks like a cover for your components its honestly not that good looking :bounce: 
a b ) Power supply
January 21, 2010 3:58:57 PM

The thing that disappointed me about the Level 10 is that all the promo pictures before its official unveiling had a gloss, almost mirror finish effect to the body. Obviously that was the usual misleading Photoshop work as the case is a boring matte black colour that just loves fingerprints it seems.

Not good.
January 21, 2010 4:33:38 PM

Yea I agree, the Level 10 is pretty much as ugly as they come. I have enough random piles of boxes lying around my house to not want a computer that just looks like another one...
January 21, 2010 4:47:12 PM

I still kinda like it, have seen better pics from other angles (not like they transform it of course.)

and is a good effort to try and make something different :) 
a b ) Power supply
January 21, 2010 5:02:03 PM

AsAnAtheist said:
It's not that it's ugly it's just that it is niche. At the price point of $700, not adding components, you would have to redesign your room to match the case. I'd prefer to go with a modded Lian Li case in a solid black color for elegance.

its a Bmw design ,but aint all Bmw's overpriced
a b ) Power supply
January 21, 2010 5:08:44 PM

obsidian86 said:
its a Bmw design ,but aint all Bmw's overpriced

Not really lol. But yes Thermaltake/BMW worked together for the design which a BMW designed product would boost the cost.
a b ) Power supply
January 21, 2010 8:30:35 PM

One more thing: EVERY one who is claiming the Fractal is cr@p/bland dosen't know the target audience of the case: modders. The Fractal is quite a popular case to mod on.
January 21, 2010 8:51:06 PM

Those cases are awesome. Problem is in the time it takes to build a mod like that all your harware will have become obselete!

I'll find out how the Fractal performs when it arrives on Monday. I'm not planning anything drastic for it as I like the simplicity, but I might do a bit of chopping to improve the airflow. I guess if you're really into modding you couldn't ask for more of a blank canvas though...
a b ) Power supply
January 21, 2010 9:07:44 PM

LePhuronn said:
There's elegance and then there's dull.

Lian Li Tyr X-500 is elegant. Lian Li A05 is elegant. Antec P182 is elegant. NZXT Hush is very nice too.

The Fractal Design cases are just dull.

Best-looking case IMO is either Silverstone Temjin TJ07 (inverted ATX with window of course) or Silverstone Raven RV01

Hell yeah, I love my silver Silverstone TJ07. I prefer not to have a window because that brushed aluminum looks so classy!

Whats with all the little kiddies loving the flashy L33T gaming cases.

I have no problem going down in history by saying the HAF 932, Antec 900, and the Antec 1200 are really ugly cases. They remind of kiddies with ricers, I mean tuners, all flash and no class

a b ) Power supply
January 22, 2010 12:01:21 AM

^ lol. Imo, the only reason that I have the Antec 900/1200 and HAF 932 is because they work quite well for air cooling and don't need a lot of modding to mount the rads (externally).
January 22, 2010 12:23:44 AM

Good luck with your new build esuckq!

Hope it turns out cool in the flesh ;) 
a b ) Power supply
January 22, 2010 12:25:10 AM

Its like anything else shadow, tastes are tastes. I don't mind LED lights, but some hate them. I've seen a lot of people on forums ask how to turn off the LEDs on their Antec 900s because they love the design, but hate the LEDs. That to me makes absolutely no sense, but that's just me.

I'm sorry, but those seem like pretty similar design mentalities to me.

This is what I like to call a sexy design:

Now that's what I like in a case!
!