Xfx nforce 750a sli mobo vs asus m2n sli deluxe mobo

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Asus
  • Performance
  • SLI
Last response: in Motherboards
April 30, 2010 6:37:52 PM

OK which one of these motherboards are better overall for performance? The xfx nforce 750a sli mobo or the asus m2n sli deluxe mobo. I just want to know which one would be faster or better for overclocking.

Thanks,

More about : xfx nforce 750a sli mobo asus m2n sli deluxe mobo

May 4, 2010 10:29:04 PM

I would go with the XFX in this case. It looks as if the XFX has all solid capacitors the ASUS doesn't. The XFX has POST code display, built in PC speaker, and onboard video (either DVI or VGA)--the ASUS doesn't. You can also register the XFX board within 30 days of purchase and get a lifetime warranty. In this vs. XFX comes out on top.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 4, 2010 11:08:12 PM

inspector71 said:
OK which one of these motherboards are better overall for performance? The xfx nforce 750a sli mobo or the asus m2n sli deluxe mobo. I just want to know which one would be faster or better for overclocking.

Thanks,

If your talking about this board:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

DO NOT TOUCH IT IF YOUR OVERCLOCKING.

Looks great. Solid caps, headsink for the MOSFETS, nforce 750a, looks awesome all the way around.

BUT its a 95 watt board! Its one of the most perplexing things I have seen in the computer world the last few years. A nice enthusiast grade board in every way except they went cheap on the power regulation.

If your running your cpu at stock speed, Im sure this would be a great board. It will likely blow if you try to OC.
m
l
Related resources
May 29, 2010 12:47:06 AM

board can do 125 watt cpu trust me and can do am3 cpu's to i own 2 of the xfx 750a sli i have a 2.2 overclocked to 2.93 run's smotth cpu temp 41c at game play 45c to 47c it's hard board to understand but little reading and you be ok overclocking so easy on this board mosty auto L auto M auto H so easy this board can even unlocks core's to i found that out playing around in the bios my 2.2 cpu is a x4 but 2 core's was disable play around bang four core's runing at 2.93 i had a old 125 watt 5000+ 3.01gzh cpu run it fine had a new am3 x4 on it run fine had a fx run fine xfx dont really like to put what the board can really do they want the board to run at min that's how they give you a life time on the board i run my system 24/7 never shut it off runs great onboard vide is junk cant play any games on it i go with ati video anyways so
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 29, 2010 5:09:47 AM

wirelessg40 said:
board can do 125 watt cpu trust me and can do am3 cpu's to i own 2 of the xfx 750a sli i have a 2.2 overclocked to 2.93 run's smotth cpu temp 41c at game play 45c to 47c it's hard board to understand but little reading and you be ok overclocking so easy on this board mosty auto L auto M auto H so easy this board can even unlocks core's to i found that out playing around in the bios my 2.2 cpu is a x4 but 2 core's was disable play around bang four core's runing at 2.93 i had a old 125 watt 5000+ 3.01gzh cpu run it fine had a new am3 x4 on it run fine had a fx run fine xfx dont really like to put what the board can really do they want the board to run at min that's how they give you a life time on the board i run my system 24/7 never shut it off runs great onboard vide is junk cant play any games on it i go with ati video anyways so

NONE OF THIS CHANGES THE FACT THAT THIS IS 95 WATT BOARD.

You could run a 125 watt chip in a 95 watt board for the same reason you can run a 200 watt chip in a 140 watt board (the power draw of a Phenom II at 4ghz) But you are running it out of spec. And a lot more out of spec than a 140 watt board would be.

You try and pull 200+ watts out of a 95 watt board and it will go up in flames. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe 6 months from now, but it will happen. There is a reason XFX rated it at 95 watts.

Doesn't mean its a bad board. But this guy was asking about OC'ing
m
l
May 30, 2010 4:59:11 PM

trust me am runing a phenom x4 rigth on my 750a and my other 750a i am runing a 5800+ 125 watt 3.01 gzh chip i own many xfx board's that's all i own so when i say this board can do 125 watt i mean it know dont get me wrong i did not saying anything about overclocking my cpu runing at stock so one thing i found out about the boards if you use a high end psu you ok i am runing 1100 watt's psu the more power you have more the board will draw i have reports of many testing company puting 125 watt cpu on the board ans they run fine when xfx test the board they only use min spec's like 350 watt psu with low end cpu's they dont max out the spec's
m
l
May 30, 2010 5:11:52 PM

new cpu 750a

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a 750a mb and would like to know if the
AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHz 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor

will work well with it?

i have a 750a sli now at 125w and seems to be ok i cant oc it much but it works fine
Yes the 750a does support the Phenom II.
m
l
May 30, 2010 5:13:22 PM

that was taking from

XFX Technical Support, North America Only > XFX Motherboards, North America Only

so there rigth from xfx will do 125 watt cpu's
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 31, 2010 4:30:43 PM

wirelessg40 said:
trust me am runing a phenom x4 rigth on my 750a and my other 750a i am runing a 5800+ 125 watt 3.01 gzh chip i own many xfx board's that's all i own so when i say this board can do 125 watt i mean it know dont get me wrong i did not saying anything about overclocking my cpu runing at stock so one thing i found out about the boards if you use a high end psu you ok i am runing 1100 watt's psu the more power you have more the board will draw i have reports of many testing company puting 125 watt cpu on the board ans they run fine when xfx test the board they only use min spec's like 350 watt psu with low end cpu's they dont max out the spec's

The power supply has nothing to do with the power regulation circuitry.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 31, 2010 4:32:27 PM

wirelessg40 said:
new cpu 750a

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a 750a mb and would like to know if the
AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHz 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor

will work well with it?

i have a 750a sli now at 125w and seems to be ok i cant oc it much but it works fine
Yes the 750a does support the Phenom II.

As I said in my first post, Im sure its fine at stock or near stock. But the original poster specified an "Overclocking" board. A 95 watt board is NOT and overclocking board.
m
l
!