Sign in with
Your question

Multiple monitors different res. Is there a quick switch

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 10, 2009 12:40:59 PM

Okay, here is what I have. I have a 4870 with two displays. One display is 1680x 1050. The other display is an old ass crt bigscreen. I can clone the displays but it makes my 1680 x 1050 the tv's resolution. What I want is my monitor to be native and the tv to be native. I realize I cant do that by cloning them. What I am wondering is there an option that I can assign hot keys to, or is there a hot key combo that lets me switch between monitors. I dont need them both to be on at the same time. I would like to game on my computer monitor and watch movies on the tv? I know on laptops you can pick and switch which display fcn f4. Is there anything like that on the desktop that is quick?
January 17, 2010 4:56:24 AM

i have resolve it . i use one player for the stock market. and one for my work.
in the xp system, you must done it by adujust which monitor is the main monitor, the new opened software will only be open on the main monitor. hope this will help you.
m
l
December 2, 2010 7:39:37 PM

i know this is a very old thread, and sorry for resurecting it but i dunno if im the only one, but i might not understand that solution
i have the very exact same problem as the OP

correct me if im wrong, but that is what im understanding
when you install new programs, when you try to open them, they ll open on the extended monitor (tv in this situation) .. is that it?
this isnt all that useful... i mean lets say im upstairs and someone tries to talk to me via instant messenger... the taskbar thingy will stay on my desktop which is downstairs... is there a way to switch "main display" like you can do on laptops, but on desktop?
there must be a software somewhere..
m
l
!