Sign in with
Your question

Cant set vcore past 1.420

Last response: in Overclocking
March 8, 2012 7:13:50 PM

im trying to overclock my fx4100, im currently at 4.3 ghz stable. im trying for 4.5 ghz and i need to get the vcore up to atleast 1.420 but once i do that my cpu clock rate wont go past 1.4 ghz in cpuz even when i run prime 95.. does anyone know why? im actually thinking its because i need a higher wattage psu. i have a 600 watt. however if im at vcore 1.400 and below im fine and the clock rate goes to its set rate. im also doing this on a am3+ MICRO atx mobo. so that may be why. most atx boards use 8 pin connectors for power where mine is a 4 pin. i have no idea tho any help?

More about : set vcore past 420

a c 78 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 8, 2012 10:22:45 PM

There is a feature that throttles back clock speed to avoid exceeding it's TDP.

Try disabling APM if that's an option in your BIOS.

And check the owner's manual of your MB. I wouldn't try to overclock when I can only run 4 pins into and 8 pin connector.

March 8, 2012 10:26:02 PM

Z1NONLY said:
There is a feature that throttles back clock speed to avoid exceeding it's TDP.

Try disabling APM if that's an option in your BIOS.

And check the owner's manual of your MB. I wouldn't try to overclock when I can only run 4 pins into and 8 pin connector.

no my mobo has a 4 pin connector. SOME mobos have 8 pins. i cant use an 8 pin connector in my mobo its only a 4 pin
Related resources
a c 78 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 8, 2012 11:25:13 PM

Sorry, I misread what you wrote.

The board is probably getting all it can use then.
March 8, 2012 11:27:04 PM

Z1NONLY said:
Sorry, I misread what you wrote.

The board is probably getting all it can use then.

there is a HCP mode(high computing mode) under cpu settnigs in bios. maybe thats what your talking about? is that the same thing for increaseing tdp
a c 78 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 8, 2012 11:44:14 PM

Never messed with HCP. I don't know what that feature does.
!