SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: any depending on deals
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Serbia
PARTS PREFERENCES: intel i5 CPU & asus/gigabyte mobo..
MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1280x1024 planning on buying 22"-24" in the near future..
hey guys, firstly i have to say that my english is not that good as u can see, but i hope we can understand each other and make a good deal! Im planning on building an I5 platform so i have a few questions about processor itself, along with mobo and memory...also im asking for your opinions and suggestions about components below..
my configuration would be something like this:
1. i've heard that i should pick only low voltage memory up to 1.65V! Lower than that is better! Is that true? otherwise it will be overheating or...? Or should i consider buying a Kingstone hyperX at 1600mhz (if im not mistaken it works on higher voltage so that could cause problems) ?
2. i have some info about overheating or even destroing (probably while overclocking) i5 on asus P7P55D..?! Should i get a gigabyte p55-ud3r instead? and which one would fit better between these 2?
3. is it true that ga p55-ud3r doesnt support ddr3 at 1600mhz?
4. is it possible that after 1 year when real dx11 games are about to release..hd5850 could be too slow for the games? otherwise i would stick to 4850-4870 and wait for about 6 months ? (by then fermi should be available and see what can i get then) since i wont play games on high resolutions.. (1280x1024)
5. Which hard drive would be the best choice for me? Samsung f3 or should i go for the WD black/green one? what are the differences between black and green WD? or any other suggestions? i've heard that some are better for storage but some are made for better performance, speed, etc..
6. Do i have to get any cooler for i5 or it should work just fine with the stock one? since i wont gonna use it for any hard jobs..playing games, working with office and stuff like that..but still i would like to get it up to 3.6ghz atleast!
I want to thank you all for your time and patience!
Looking forward to your answers!
Take a look at this first, as to that mobo http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budget-p55-motherbo...
1.65v is the intel recommended volt for memory on the 1156 socket, do not get anything higher
It should support 1600 you just may have to set it manually
Dx11 shouldnt even be too mainstream in a yr so 5850 should still be GREAT
Spinpoint f3 for sure
get a coolermaster hyper 212 cooler
1. You are correct about the voltages, it must be 1.65V or lower for P55 boards.
2. Both boards will likely encounter the same problems in extreme overclocks
4. No, but you should buy a new monitor - 5850 is complete overkill at 1280x1024.
5. F3. The green series run at lower RPMs
6. For overclocking yes.
i appreciate ur answers, but how can i be sure that mobo can run it at 1600mhz? (i made my decision for the gigabyte) if it can, is it any hard to set it manually ? is there any guide how could i do it?
i'd like to hear ur suggestions about the monitor aswell..the 22" or 24" one should be just fine for me... pref fullHD 1080p
i will consider buying CM hyper 212, but i should put 2 more vents on it..which ones? and what are the differences between hyper 212 and hyper 212 plus RR? should i get the second one ?
thx for replying!