Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

I created a custom neighborhood tonight and put one married couple in
it. None of the other lots have anything on them at all. Yet two
people walked by on the first day. Are these townies, even though
there is no community lot for them to be townies of?

BW

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
> I created a custom neighborhood tonight and put one married couple
in
> it. None of the other lots have anything on them at all. Yet two
> people walked by on the first day. Are these townies, even though
> there is no community lot for them to be townies of?

Yeah. Apparently they live underground, so you can't see their houses.

Jeremy Reaban wrote:
> barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
>> I created a custom neighborhood tonight and put one married couple in
>> it. None of the other lots have anything on them at all. Yet two
>> people walked by on the first day. Are these townies, even though
>> there is no community lot for them to be townies of?
>
> Yeah. Apparently they live underground, so you can't see their houses.

And look out for their last names. I have lots of LeTourneau townies. If
that name sounds sort of familiar because one of the guys who made The Sims
is called Matt LeTourneau. I suspect those are his sibling's names. There
are also some of the official greeting townies, I think. There is always a
Goppie (or whatever his name is), a Kennedy, and many sims they always
called the same name and always look the same in both of my customed
neighborhood. There is a shop keeper called George McCarthy and another
called Forrest also, and they always look that way (and sometimes they work
in various lots, but they always look the same).

Ashikaga

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 23:43:33 -0400, <barbara@bookpro.com> wrote:

> I created a custom neighborhood tonight and put one married couple in
> it. None of the other lots have anything on them at all. Yet two
> people walked by on the first day. Are these townies, even though
> there is no community lot for them to be townies of?

The townies now have cars and will visit your suburb community for a
leisurely stroll. They will show up the same in each neighborhood. I
haven't tried marrying one to see if it disappears from the other
neighborhoods too. Also be aware that these cannot be played, so the
children will never become teens and the teens will never grow up. My
first Sim teen had a big crush on Tosha Go, but of course she never grows
up so his grandchildren will see her just the same way. Someone should
write the Legend of the Wandering Sim. ^_^

"Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
> On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 23:43:33 -0400, <barbara@bookpro.com> wrote:
>
>> I created a custom neighborhood tonight and put one married couple in
>> it. None of the other lots have anything on them at all. Yet two
>> people walked by on the first day. Are these townies, even though
>> there is no community lot for them to be townies of?
>
> The townies now have cars and will visit your suburb community for a
> leisurely stroll. They will show up the same in each neighborhood. I
> haven't tried marrying one to see if it disappears from the other
> neighborhoods too. Also be aware that these cannot be played, so the
> children will never become teens and the teens will never grow up. My
> first Sim teen had a big crush on Tosha Go, but of course she never grows
> up so his grandchildren will see her just the same way. Someone should
> write the Legend of the Wandering Sim. ^_^

Hi

My sims have married "townies" once you get to know them, and they show up
in the friendship bar, it works in the same way as sims1

Julia

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

the neighborhood is part of the sims as a whole.. you'll have townies.. but
i don't think created sims will wander into other neighborhoods.. think of
it this way.. some other city has a great shopping mall.. wouldn't you drive
to go see it?