Sign in with
Your question

Auto vcore at 1.65 and will not change

Last response: in Overclocking
March 8, 2012 8:41:38 PM

Hey guys really need some help, just installed an Asus P8z68-v lx with an I5 2500k when I boot the bios shows the cpu vcore at 1.65v and the temperature is at 72c up to 85, I cannot run it at this it is way too high, the target vcore is 1.235 and I have tried the negative offest up to the maximum I can -0.315 but nothing changes the vcore's actual figure, I have no idea why this is, there is no overclock going on I loaded defaults it's been like this from first boot, any help would be appreciated.

More about : auto vcore change

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 8, 2012 10:12:22 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Systems to section Overclocking by Nikorr
March 8, 2012 10:20:38 PM

deviate_sic_01 said:
Hey guys really need some help, just installed an Asus P8z68-v lx with an I5 2500k when I boot the bios shows the cpu vcore at 1.65v and the temperature is at 72c up to 85, I cannot run it at this it is way too high, the target vcore is 1.235 and I have tried the negative offest up to the maximum I can -0.315 but nothing changes the vcore's actual figure, I have no idea why this is, there is no overclock going on I loaded defaults it's been like this from first boot, any help would be appreciated.

I hear issues about this board all the time which is pretty ridiculous. Try updating your bios, it may have some odd defaults saved.
Related resources
March 9, 2012 9:23:11 AM

omega21xx said:
I hear issues about this board all the time which is pretty ridiculous. Try updating your bios, it may have some odd defaults saved.

omega21xx said:

I considered trying a bios flash but as it's new and at the moment I could still exchange it for a new one if there is a problem I am just worried about them not accepting an exchange if the bios has been flashed :/  I had an idea that it may be my aged psu, Arctic Power 700W it's about 4 years old, I have ordered a new OCZ Fatality 750w bronze, perhaps I should wait until this comes before attempting a flash? can the PSU even cause this kind of issue?
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 9, 2012 6:21:26 PM

Try manual voltage.
March 9, 2012 7:30:41 PM

There is a switch on Asus motherboards that makes it auto-overclock called TPU. Make sure it's in the disabled state.
!