What is HPC mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
When the CPU is under load, it can't 'throttle' itself down or lower it's speed by locking the clock rate. It is a 'green' thing to allow the CPU to throttle down when idle. If you are manually setting the clock and multiplier, you want it disabled so it WON'T try to lower your speed you are setting.

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

ummm ok? then what does high performance computing do...

scottiemedic

Distinguished
When the CPU is under load, it can't 'throttle' itself down or lower it's speed by locking the clock rate. It is a 'green' thing to allow the CPU to throttle down when idle. If you are manually setting the clock and multiplier, you want it disabled so it WON'T try to lower your speed you are setting.

Solution

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

THANKYOU! your post was actually helpful ! unlike the one COLgeek left..

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

dont comment on the page if you dont know what your talking about. someone asks a question and you lead them to a full page discussion... atleast copy and paste what was "suppose" to be helpful into the thread. i read the link btw and that didnt help out at all..... nice try i guess ..

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Now, now, young one. No need to show one's ignorance. Learn a few things and then we'll have a debate.

Until then, have fun and good luck!

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

yes until then dont leave any more of your "tips" lmao. i was going to even specify in the description yes i know it stands for high computing mode, i thought i wouldnt have to go into detail about that but of course someone trys to describe what it stands for an not what it actually does LMAOOOOOO

COLGeek

Cybernaut
HPC mode in some systems is used to optimize "clustering" commodity systems into near super computer capacity. Essentially, it allows basic systems to be grouped into a large "virtual" system capable of processing much more data than as a group of individual systems.

It is simply a BIOS/UEFI setting on systems to support this set of features, thus the motherboard question.

Care to debate the topic now, oh learned one?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
BTW, be careful changing any settings that may restrict throttling. You could irreparably damage components if you overheat the system by pushing it too hard.

Verify that your temps stay safe and that your cooling (air or water) system is effective.

See, I am a nice guy, too.

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

ive already selected the best answer for the thread : ) im happy to say it was not you....
live and learn my friend. one day you will actually give that help to someones question if you keep at it

G

Dude!!! Wow!! You are a genius!!

T1geR86

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013

I looked at that link. It was not a concise answer, and at least the first bit is mostly about super computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.