2 displays + Laptop display.

joe_coolish

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
Hi! I read a post on this forum from 2007 Here about exactly what I want to do. I have a Dell Latitude D630 with 2 dell 19" monitors. I've been using both for some time now, but now I want more. Especially with VS 2010 coming out soon.

I have a Dell docking station (I don't know what time) that has both analog and digital outputs. My question is, how do I enable all 3 at the same time?

thanks for any help :)

Joel

paperfox

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
just like cjl posted in that other thread i agree that you will only be able to use 2 of the montiors (both displays or 1 display + 1 laptop) and not all 3 at the same time.

i am assuming that laptops, like current desktop graphics cards, can only support up to 2 display outs (even though they have 3 ports).

unless that VS 2010 laptop you are interested in comes with an ATI 5000 series card, you wont be able to run 3 displays at the same time.

joe_coolish

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
Is there a PCI or USB solution? I think I'm eventually going to go to dual 24" (I am a programmer, and the more code I can fit on the screen the better) But I really want all my property/output/filebrowser dialogs in their own area. The Laptop monitor (being only 15") is the perfect size for this application.

If there isn't a PCI/USB solution, I'll have to look into a better graphics card. I'm probably going to go to the Dell E6400 within the next couple of months so I'll have to see if I can customize it.

Thank you for your replies!