txczshooter

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
I have an older XP machine that I would like to set up as a print server. It's a P4 2.8 ghz w/ 768MB Ram.
I want to hook up a USB Brother printer to it, and connect the computer to the network wirelessly.

Then - I have Vista Home Premium 32Bit laptop and a Windows 7 32 laptop that I want to be able to print to the Brother printer wirelessly. I also have the ability to put Vista on the P4 machine if necessary, but I don't want to.

Is this scenario feasible without too much difficulty. I have no problem with setting up the network, I just don't know how to get the printer to work.

Solution
Once the printer is installed, you just enabled printer sharing. Locate the printer in the “Printers and Faxes” control applet, right click to Properties, select Sharing, provide a name, and click OK. If the printer is connected via wireless to your network, whalla, you now have a wireless printer! It should show up under Vista and Windows 7 network discovery where you can select the printer and install their respective drivers.
Once the printer is installed, you just enabled printer sharing. Locate the printer in the “Printers and Faxes” control applet, right click to Properties, select Sharing, provide a name, and click OK. If the printer is connected via wireless to your network, whalla, you now have a wireless printer! It should show up under Vista and Windows 7 network discovery where you can select the printer and install their respective drivers.

Solution