Solution
The contacts you can see are the SATA data & power connectors which will be covered when you install the drive - so it makes no diffderence which way up you install it.

the small circuit board will not be touching any part of your case when you install it - the drive has mounting holes for the screws that are positioned to ensure that the driver only touches the case on the sides.
ah never mind i just remembered it doesnt sit flush wit the bottom my case has little things keeping it up :) (haf 912) and what (if anything) do i need to do with the installation... do i need to put in AHCI mode or something (i heard SSDS run nicer with it like that but what about HDDS?)

ulysses35

Distinguished
The contacts you can see are the SATA data & power connectors which will be covered when you install the drive - so it makes no diffderence which way up you install it.

the small circuit board will not be touching any part of your case when you install it - the drive has mounting holes for the screws that are positioned to ensure that the driver only touches the case on the sides.

Solution
oh im sorry :) i just figured... ah well... i wasnt really thinking :) yes im replacing my 320g ide drive from the 90s putting windows on the new one and using the old one as backup with another 120g drive, is there anything i need to do other then put it in and switch the jumpers on my ide?

Actually i might be giving away one of my IDE drives, but either way ill have one in there :)

ulysses35

Distinguished
The F3 doesnt not have a "jumper" and will be fine as the boot drive. The older drive can tbe set as master on one of the IDE Channels - but this wont make much difference really.

AHCI is the best way to go - make sure you set this in BIOS before you install windows, thought there is a work around if you forget to do so.