Very very wierd problems when overclocking Please Help !

matt2155

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
I have the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R X58 1366 Motherboard with a Core i7 930

Im currently at 3.6Ghz on the 1.27500 voltage

I have the corsair H50 cpu cooler, and I had the Noctua NH-D14 and I got even worse temps than the H50

Im currently idling at around 45 degrees Celsius and full load is around 75-80 degrees celsius

I just applied a new thin layer of thermal paste, but that did not help. I have good noctua thermal paste that came with my NH-D14

I applied a pea sized drop then spreaded it around the CPU, ending up with a thin layer.

I tried to go the 3.8Ghz on the 1.3000 vcore, and it was idling at around 60 degrees celsius and full load at around 85-95 degrees celsius
that is way too hot.

I have had this computer for about 3 years now.
When I first built the computer i forgot to put standoff's on the motherboard before putting in the motherboard, and was using my pc without standoffs for about 2 years.

I had also had wierd problems with the USB controller on my motherboard. While I would watch a movie, my mouse and keyboard would randomly stop working and I would reboot the pc and mouse and keyboard would not work, then unplugged the power and took off the side panel, and then plugged it back in again and it would start working,

Please help im really frustrated, and am thinking of buying a whole new motherboard, cpu and ram.

GozerHozer

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
is the Pump pumping the H2o?
Also is the heat sink attached corectely to the CPU, like enough pressure on the CPU to make good contact?
Your Idle temp should be close to 30c or in the 30s

I have i7-2600K @ 4.8Ghz-H2O cooled at 28c Idle and about 34c 100% load.
Make sure your system has coolent and pump is running and fitted correct to the CPU..

Your lucky you did not short out your MB not having the stand-off on..!

bf2player1978

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011

i have always been taught, and some tomshardware peeps told me to drop a pea sized compound in center and just drop heatsink on top of it, the force of heatsink will spread it out....plus if you do have to much compound on it, it will just trap heat and not transfer it...but i doubt thats your problem, just a suggestion.

matt2155

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012

I used to get decent temps. I got like 23c on stock idle and full load around 35-40c
Now it gets sooo hot for some reason.

I have checked, and its on properly, even took it off and put it back on.
Im certain I put the right ammount of thermal paste on

Im thinking of just waiting for Ivy-Bridge processors and buy new motherboard and cpu & ram.

TRENDING THREADS