Sign in with
Your question

Cant seem to overclock this

Last response: in Overclocking
March 9, 2012 2:48:01 PM

Hello,here are my pc specs ive tried unsuccesfully to overclock with 16gig ram and 8gig of ram any help would be appreciated

This motherboard supports AMD® AM3+multi-core processors with unique L3 cache and delivers better overclocking capabilities with less power consumption. It features dual-channel DDR3 memory support and accelerates data transfer rate up to 5200MT/s via HyperTransport™ 3.0 based system bus. This motherboard also supports AMD® CPUs in the new 32nm manufacturing process.

Experience ultra-fast data transfer at 4.8Gbps with USB 3.0 – the latest connectivity standard. Built to connect easily with next-generation components and peripherals, USB 3.0 transfers data 10 times faster and is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 components.

Chipset:AMD 760G + SB710
CPU Interface:Socket AM3+
Front Side Bus:Up to 5200MT/s
RAM Technology:D DR3 (Dual Channel)
RAM Slots:4 x 240-Pin
RAM Speeds: DDR3 1066, DDR3 1333, DDR3 1600 (O.C), DDR3 1800 (O.C), DDR3 1866 (O.C), DDR3 2000 (O.C)
Max. Memory Support:16GB
Expansion Slots: 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16, 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x1, 2 x PCI
Storage Controller(s): 6 x S-ATA/300, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10, JBOD
On-Board LAN: Realtek 8111E, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller
On-Board Audio:VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
On-Board Video:Integrated ATI Radeon HD 3000
Back Panel I/O Ports: 1 x PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse combo port, 1 x DVI-D, 1 x VGA, 1 x HDMI, 1 x LAN, 2 x USB 3.0, 4 x USB 2.0, 1 x Optical S/PDIF Output, 6 x Audio
Internal I/O Connectors: 1 x 24-pin ATX Power, 1 x 4 pin ATX 12V Power, 3 x USB 2.0 header, 1 x COM header, 1 x S/PDIF Out header, 1 x Parallel port header, 1 x Front panel audio connector (AAFP)
Form Factor: Micro ATX, 244mm x 244mm
Special Features: AM3+ CPU Support Ready, Turbo Key-Touch-n-Boost, ASUS EPU- System Level Energy Saving, Anti-Surge-Full-time Power Guardian-Make System Free From Risk, Core Unlocker-Unleash True Core Performance Intelligently, ALL solid capacitor - 100% All High-quality Conduc
Package Contents: Motherboard, Manual, Quick Start Guide, 2 x S-ATA Data Leads, Driver Disk, Backplate

AMD Quad Core FX 4100 3.6Ghz
Unbeatable multi-core value with AMD FX Bulldozer processors. They deliver The Ultimate Visual Experience for high definition entertainment, advanced multitasking performance, and power-saving innovations for smaller, cooler machines that are energy efficient.

Clocked at 3.6 GHz, this AMD FX-Series FX-4100 processor boasts 4 cores for smooth multitasking.

Interface:Socket AM3+
Bus Speed:o ne 2000 MHz 16-bit HyperTransport link
No. of Cores:4
Core Name:Zambezi
Core Frequency:3.60GHz
Process Technology:32nm
Thermal Design Power:95W
Memory Controller:Up to DDR3 1866
L1 Cache: 2 x 64KB two-way associative shared instruction caches, 4 x 16KB 4-way associative data caches
L2 Cache:2 x 2MB
L3 Cache:8MB
Special Features: AMD64 technology, Virtualization technology, Enhanced Virus Protection, Turbo Core 2.0 technologyDual-channel 144-bit DDR3 memory controller, HyperTransport 3.1 technology

PATRIOT 16GB 4 x 4Gb 1333Mhz DDR3 Memory

Patriot Memory's Signature Line DDR3 Non-ECC Unbuffered memory delivers quality, reliability and performance expected for today's computer needs. These 4GB modules are designed to run at PC3-10600 (1333MHz) at CAS 9 latency timings.

Built using specific build-of-materials (BOMs) we ensure that every module meets and exceeds industry standards: offering you a hassle-free upgrade. We certify every component that goes into our modules, including the modules themselves, which must pass strict standards to ensure compatibility, quality and reliability. With free customer service and a lifetime warranty, Patriot Memory's Signature memory modules are a perfect system upgrade option.

Type:D DR3
Capacity:4GB
Clock Speed:1333MHz
Compliance:p C3-10600
CAS Latency:9.0
Voltage:1.5V
Chipset:p atriot
No. of Chips:16
Pins:240
Side:D ouble
Special Features: Non-ECC Unbuffered, 2 Rank Double-sided module, 7.8US Refresh Interval (8192 CYCLES/64MS), 1.5V Power Requirement, Auto and self refresh capability, PCB height: 1181(mil), Serial Presence-Detect (SPD), RoHS Compliant

More about : overclock

a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
March 9, 2012 3:07:37 PM

That's a lot of info.

Have you tried bumping the multiplier by small steps?

What happens when you just bump the multiplier up one notch?
a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
March 9, 2012 3:53:16 PM

If you want a serious answer, you should take the time to post serious questions.

By pasting crap no one will take you seriously, and won't take the time to reply.

Related resources
a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
March 11, 2012 8:17:10 PM

Could help to explain to us what you have and haven't tried so we know what's being unsuccessful.

However there is a Black Edition overclocking guide at the top of the forum, it still applies for the FX processors. You need to increase the cpu multiplier while testing for stability and monitoring temperatures, if your unstable increase the CPU voltage and try again.
March 19, 2012 3:50:57 PM

loneninja said:
Could help to explain to us what you have and haven't tried so we know what's being unsuccessful.

However there is a Black Edition overclocking guide at the top of the forum, it still applies for the FX processors. You need to increase the cpu multiplier while testing for stability and monitoring temperatures, if your unstable increase the CPU voltage and try again.

hi thanks for the replies sorry i wasnt clearer forgot to mention i'm using win7 ultimate 64 me and my friend who's better at overclocking tried allsorts got it up to 4.6 but wasnt stable and tried 4.5 and went down a notch at a time my friend tried giving it some more volts but i can't remember the amount we had done some research fails prime 95 stress test after 20 mins ish and will run 3d mark vantage till near the end the close it some of the attempts at overclocking made it reboot or bluescrren or boot up then freeze on the desktop did the same with 8 and 16 gig of ram but same results im happy with the stock 3.6 speed but had read its good for 4.6 not sure if its the motherboard
a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
March 19, 2012 4:28:47 PM

No experience OC the FX, but some chips simply OC better than others.

Just because some chips get to 4.6 doesn't mean your chip will.
!