Stupid question regarding CROSSFIRE

Ok I currently have a ATI Radeon 4850 for all my gaming needs. All my games play perfectly with excellent frame rates. My question is, would I see a huge increase in framerates if I settup another Radeon 4850 in crossfire configuration? :heink:
4 answers Last reply
More about stupid question crossfire
  1. Crossfireing another card should bring about an 80% or so increase average to your frame rates. (just off of my memory)

Edit: found this chart
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/charts/gaming-graphics-cards-charts-2009-high-quality/compare,1533.html?prod%5B2838%5D=on&prod%5B2840%5D=on
  2. Highly dependent on the games. At any rate, most of the time, CrossFire does help to bump up the min frame rates.
  3. Dual 4850 is one of the most rewarding crossfire setup you can get for the money. Two 4850 in crossfire beat a 4890 by a good margin and is 11% slower than a 4870 in crossfire. My 2 4850 OC are faster than a GTX285 which cost twice the price I have paid for my cards.
  4. Do you have a CF capable board and PSU?

I don't get it. If everything is fine, why are you looking for a second video card? I get good frame rates in the one game I play, TF2. When I bought my 20" monitor, I was afraid I would have to get a new video card seeing as I run an 8800GS. I was happy when I didn't have to turn any details down, even after moving from 1280x1024 to 1680x1050. The reason I mention this is because after seeing my framerates, I stayed with my 8800GS and didn't bother looking for a new card. Whats going on that you need a new one?
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Crossfire Graphics Product