AC F9 Pro TC HELP

Painmaker

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
Hey guys,

I'm not sure this is the right place for my question and I'm sorry if it isn't but here it goes:

So I bought 2 fans yesterday. One is Arctic Cooling F9 PRO TC (temperature controlled). It is the one with a 40cm cable for monitoring case temperature. The fan works fine but it is not recognized by BIOS. My question is why? Is it broken or should it be this way since it is controlled by the temp readings from the cable?

Please, if you know or have some ideas, help!

Sm1th

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
I think it all depends on how many wires are in the fan power cable and what fan header you are plugging into from the motherboard. Please tell us how many cables and what fan header you are using.

The fan must have at least 3 cables to be able to be monitored by the motherboard. If it has 3 cables then make sure to use a 3-pin fan header, and so on for 4. Most CPU fan headers have 4 pins, so if your fan has 3 cables you won't get a reading by plugging it into the CPU fan header.

Painmaker

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
Thanks for the reply.

I'm very sorry I respond after a month but with all the things going on I forgot about my post.

Anyways, thanks for the help but I actually already figured out what the problem was.

The fan is supposed to monitor the temperature with a cable and adjust its speed based on that but since I have my q-fan control set to quiet in bios, it spins so slowly that it's not detected. When I turn the q-fan to optimal it runs normally and its detected.
It's just that I didn't realize this fan is made for mobos without q-fan. Should have gotten the normal one...