Scythe Gentle Typhoon 4250 RPM

edifice

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Hey Guys,

I have just paid a very good price for 2 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 4250 case fans. I bought them from a friend who disbanded a system build in favour of a new car deposit for just £10.

I realise these things are for most people, probably myself included overkill! I am just enquiring if you think that despite the noise, if installing these will make a difference to my newly overclocked i7 930 which is housed beneath a Noctua NH-U12P SE 2 and idle is hitting 40 degrees and full load 76 degrees with Intel Burn Test.

I also have an overclocked Sapphire 7970 which in turn will be right next to these fans in the side panel of my Coolermaster CM Stacker 830.

As I have said, noise aside, will there you think be a sizeable drop in temps throughout the case?

Thanks!!

edifice

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Thanks for the advice, however, thats not what I am asking? I am merely asking if by installing both these fans, can I expect any kind of noticeable drop in temperatures, irrespective of the total noise levels?! Besides which, the Mega Flows you mention are 200mm case fans, and I can only fit 120mm.

Thanks!!

imtiax

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Well....Of course you will have a slight drop in temperature. Maybe 2 - 3 degrees Celsius. Not worth all that noise though.

But if you are looking to get new fans, maybe resell those fans back and get Cooler Master Mega flows.