Sign in with
Your question

$1000 gaming pc

Last response: in Systems
November 2, 2009 4:12:40 PM

Good morning,
I would like to seek your opinions on the new system I am planning to buy today. Please note that I am not computer savvy at all and thus I value your thoughts on how to build a good and balanced system.

I started up from a $800 budget and it just built up to $1,200! I stopped there and here are the specs based from a computer at CyberpowerPC:

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Today (11/2/09) or tomorrow.

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: After work Gaming. MMORPG (Blizzard games)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Monitor

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: A Prebuilt from CyberpowerPC.com

PARTS PREFERENCES: Listed below.
• CAS: NZXT Beta Gaming Mid-Tower Case with See-Thru Window
• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-920 2.66 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366
• FAN: Intel LGA1366 Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink
• HDD: Single Hard Drive (1TB (1TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+26])
• MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) Asus P6T Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA [+39]
• MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module [+42] (Kingston HyperX (All Venom OC Levels Certified) [+19])
• NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
• OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
• POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts Power Supplies (CyberPowerPC XF800S Performance ATX 2.0 Power - Quad SLI Ready)
• VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 896MB 16X PCIe Video Card [+75] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
Price = $1,220

OVERCLOCKING: No idea how to and probably not planning to.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: N/A

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I do not know much about computer. Just know how to use them. Parts are selected based on reviews or talking with friends.

Thank you in advance for your help. Sorry if the format comes out funny. I can't post new topic on my desktop (weird) and thus using my phone to post this.

Edit: This is the base build of the computer:
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Mega_Special_IV/

Regards,
Rick

More about : 1000 gaming

November 2, 2009 5:46:32 PM

I would switch that hard drive. 16MB cache is too small for a 1TB drive. Get something that is 32MB.

Also, I would not buy from CyberpowerPC. You really don't get a lot of choices with them. What kind of PSU is that? What kind of heat sink are getting? Major Brand GTX275? You'll want to be sure it's like XFX or EVGA. Take your money else where.
m
l
!