Event ID: 477
Date: 30/08/2004
Time: 01:28:29
User: N/A
Computer: IV-MAIN-XP
Catalog Database (900) The log range read from the file
"C:\WINDOWS\System32\CatRoot2\edb.log" at offset 1270784
(0x0000000000136400) for 34816 (0x00008800) bytes failed verification due to
a range checksum mismatch. The read operation will fail with error -501
(0xfffffe0b). If this condition persists then please restore the logfile
from a previous backup.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ESENT
Event Category: Logging/Recovery
Event ID: 465
Date: 30/08/2004
Time: 01:28:29
User: N/A
Computer: IV-MAIN-XP
Catalog Database (900) Corruption was detected during soft recovery in
logfile C:\WINDOWS\System32\CatRoot2\edb.log. The failing checksum record is
located at position 2482:284. Data not matching the log-file fill pattern
first appeared in sector 2550. This logfile has been damaged and is
unusable.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ESENT
Event Category: Logging/Recovery
Event ID: 454
Date: 30/08/2004
Time: 01:28:29
User: N/A
Computer: IV-MAIN-XP
Catalog Database (900) Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected
error -501.

More about esent errors

    Subject: Re: ESENT Messages
    From: "David Kays [MSFT]" Sent: 8/13/2004 3:01:45 PM

    This is a known issue with the WU v5 client. It has to do with how the
    client agent interacts with the Jet database engine. This is something
    we'll consider fixing in a future version of the WU client. I'm not aware
    of work arounds for this issue, sorry.
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,10696269~mode=flat

    The only work around to stop them is to disable the WU completely; That
    requires not only turning it off in system properties but also stopping the
    update service.

    That leaves all updating to you, and you cant use the WU webpage because you
    have turned it off. To get updates you need to be subscribed to the MS
    technet update list to be notified by email of available updates, then
    manually download and install them AFTER having confirmed that you actually
    need the updates...

    WU v5 still works with the ESENT info messages, So I'd suggest just ignoring
    them.
    --
    mlvburke@xxxxxxxx.nz
    Found Images