Sign in with
Your question

Just built new PC, having some issues.. Help Please!

Last response: in Systems
November 2, 2009 6:07:17 PM

I just finished assembling my new rig and I've been having some problems with it. Here are the specs:

mobo: ASUS P7P55D LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

processor: intel i5 750

PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power ... - Retail

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH - Retail

Hard Drive: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Media Drive: LITE-ON CD/DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM

OS: upgraded to windows 7 from vista about four days ago, but I may have had the same problems with Vista as well.

The first time I noticed a problem is when I put the computer to sleep mode. The screen went blank, but the PC was still running (lights on, fans going, ect). From there, I could no longer boot it nor shut it down and ended up having to hold down the power button till it powered down that way. This has happened twice now I believe. Just this morning, the PC was powered up and I was listening to some music when it crashed and restarted on it's own. Again, this PC is only about two weeks old. I would like a starting place to diagnose these issues while most of my parts are RMAable or under warranty. Thanks!

More about : built issues

November 2, 2009 6:14:49 PM

Did you manually set the RAM speed/timings/voltage to its rated values of 1600MHz, 7-7-7-24 timings, and 1.6v? Have you run Memtest86+ overnight to test for RAM errors?

What are your idle/load CPU temps?
!