Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Update for EP45-UD3L

Last response: in Motherboards
May 1, 2010 9:19:03 PM

Just wanted to pass this along.

After installing MS's IntelliMouse and Vista updates, the analog audio output stopped from my MB.

Went to Realtek and downloaded Ver 2.47 audio driver program and installed it :bounce:  I can hear again.

More about : update ep45 ud3l

a c 78 V Motherboard
May 2, 2010 8:18:29 PM

Good tip for Gigabyte owners. Also for anyone with RealTek sound, there are current drivers on the RealTek website.
m
l
May 4, 2010 12:06:21 AM

Download did not solve the problem. No sound again.

1) Removed the device and driver (new one), reloaded driver(new), restarted,no analog sound.
2) Removed device, uninstalled driver, reloaded driver on CD (with MB older driver), restarted, loaded and worked for a couple of hours, no sound again.
So it was not the older driver.

I think something happens when the set goes into screen saver saving mode that also stops the sound, but it dose not recover when the mouse/keyboard is activated.??
Any suggestions????
m
l
Related resources
a c 177 V Motherboard
May 4, 2010 1:39:16 AM

Do you have an HID keyboard with multi-media controls on it? First place I'd look is to open services, and see if something's stopped or disabled the HID service - has happened to me twice on seven, with no cause I could ever really track down...
m
l
May 4, 2010 5:07:45 AM

bilbat said:
Do you have an HID keyboard with multi-media controls on it? First place I'd look is to open services, and see if something's stopped or disabled the HID service - has happened to me twice on seven, with no cause I could ever really track down...
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7342/0213s.jpg

How do I get to 'Services' in Vista?
m
l
a c 177 V Motherboard
May 4, 2010 3:21:39 PM

ControlPanel>AdministrativeTools>Services (not 'ComponentServices')
m
l
May 4, 2010 11:30:21 PM

bilbat said:
ControlPanel>AdministrativeTools>Services (not 'ComponentServices')

Thanks. I went in and turned it off, we will see. . . .

This was the answer I got from Gigabytes Technical Service;

Answer : Dear customer,
We suspected there has some software conflict on your current windows, you may need to consider back up all importand data on current windows, reload Vista then load all drivers check if audio work stable. Or disconnect current hard drive from mother board connect a spare hard drive fresh Vista to it then load all drivers check audio.
m
l
a c 177 V Motherboard
May 5, 2010 1:15:29 AM

No - I mustn't have made myself clear - you want the HID service 'on' (set to "Automatic') as if it gets turned off, it can leave your multimedia control 'lost' in an arbitrary state.

Another thing to check is to right-click on the little speaker icon in the right corner of your taskbar, select "Palyback Devices', and verify that the speakers are selected as the default device:
m
l
May 5, 2010 7:16:20 AM

The HID doesn't seem to make a difference, with it off, all of the functions on the keyboard still work.

As of this moment the speakers are there and checked. The problem was/is that when there is no sound output, the little speakers are not shown to select, only the "Realtek Digital Output" in in the box.

m
l
a c 177 V Motherboard
May 5, 2010 2:50:03 PM

Well, the fix is easy - assuming you're seeing this:

Just click on the speakers to highlight them, and the "Set Default" button at the bottom will 'darken' and become available - click on it, and you're good:

What we need to determine is 'what's doing this!?!' Why is it setting itself to the digital outs? What kind of audio, or media programs are you running? Do you have anything plugged into the S/PDIF's?
m
l
May 6, 2010 3:29:54 AM

This is what it now reads;

As you can see the Speakers are no longer selected, again. When I click on them nothing happens.

Guess I don't have anything plugged into the S/PDIF's, what ever they are. The only thing plugged in are the green speaker, and pink microphone jacks. MY mouse, to a rear USB jack, and printer to a USB on the front of the set.

The only programs I run are VISTA, IE, FireFox, and Windows Media.
m
l

Best solution

a c 177 V Motherboard
May 6, 2010 4:32:59 AM

Hmmm... It's showing no speakers plugged in! Open the audio manager itself, and look to the right:

note the difference between the jacks I have something plugged into, sort of 'solid looking' (circled in red), and the ones I don't, sort of 'ghosted' (circled in violet) - I'm betting none of yours look 'solid' - it's not 'seeing' the speaker jacks in use! Do you have a front panel audio connector plugged into the MOBO audio header? If so, try unplugging it, rebooting, and seeing if your speakers are detected then...
May 8, 2010 8:34:02 PM

Unplugged the front speaker jacks from the MB, three days now working.
Thanks for your help bilbat.

Side note;
Just got this; http://www.cooldrives.com/idehadrtosap.html
Works great! Won't have to buy another SATA HD for a while now.
m
l
May 8, 2010 8:34:25 PM

Best answer selected by papagee.
m
l
a c 177 V Motherboard
May 8, 2010 11:25:56 PM

Might know what's wrong, there, too - does your front panel plug have anything printed on its side? Or, what case? (Maker & model no.?)
m
l
!