Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ASUS M4A785D-M PRO - Win7 install cd boot problem

Last response: in Motherboards
May 1, 2010 9:24:21 PM

Hey I just purchased a ASUS M4A785D-M PRO motherboard and i tried to insert a win7 install CD but when I wanted to boot it(Tried to put my CD-DRIVE on top of the boot list and tried opening the blue list of devices to boot from when starting the pc) I just got a black screen with a | flashing a couple of times and then I just tried starting my old WIN7 installation which doesnt work since I've changed my motherboard and then it restarts (After a classic Windows bluescreen ofcourse..) So any suggestion to what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers, Henrik hansen.

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 295 V Motherboard
May 2, 2010 12:38:57 AM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Are u sure that the DVD is a booteable DVD?, usually this happen when the CD/DVD don't have the boo.ini file.
May 2, 2010 10:17:27 AM

It should be since one of my friends have installed from the same DVD .
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
May 2, 2010 2:53:13 PM

You might have a motherboard problem.....are you using the same cpu,ram,video card,etc?
Was this new board an upgrade or did your old board fail?
I've done numerous motherboard swaps and they all booted with the hdd from the previous setup....
So why does this not boot?
m
l
May 2, 2010 10:06:29 PM

Well I used another disc and it worked but anyway the reason I couldn't use the old install is because this is a ALL new different board with another chipset and my old install didn't have the drivers for my new chipset and stuff so thats the reason I belive :)  but thanks for the help I appreciate it :) 
m
l
May 2, 2010 10:06:51 PM

Best answer selected by Diload.
m
l
!