Hi there, I got a problem which is driving me crazy..
I just got a new WD 500GB Caviar Black Sata3 HDD and plugged it on my Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H 's Sata2 controller..
Now the problem is that the raid controller recognize the disk as Sata1 (1.5Gbps)...
Then I tried a couple of jumpers from a very old disk to short-circuit the 5 and 6 pins to limit down the HDD to Sata2 (3Gbps) as the HDD indicates but to find out that this doesn't work either..
The mobo's latest bios version is installed, and I even tried different cables onto different ports to no avail..
I'm desperate at the moment and I would be thankfull for any tips or advices that you can give me..
I've waited this HDD for almost a month...