latcko

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
HI to alll a day ago i updated my bios and after the restart the pc showed me that the max power of the cpu is over 95 watts .When i was with the older version of the BIOS i had no problems.
PLEASE HELP MEEEE!!!!!!

THANK YOU!

latcko

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
MY cpu is AMD PHENOM x4 9850
mother board GF8100 M2 + SE X6
PREVIOUS BIOS VERSION i dont remember the old one

now bios version N78BM723

latcko

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
MY cpu is AMD PHENOM x4 9850
mother board GF8100 M2 + SE X6
PREVIOUS BIOS VERSION i dont remember the old one

now bios version N78BM723

You didn't save the old BIOS before flashing a new version? If your CPU sSpec is HD9850WCJ4BGH, you shouldn't get that error. Did you clear the CMOS after flashing the BIOS? What was the issue that prompted you to flash the BIOS?

latcko

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
yes i tried the cmos but it doesn work
the computer cant boot because the message for the cpu appears
the messeage is : the max power of the cpu is over 95 w pc will shutdown in 10 sec

latcko

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
i dont know but the point is that it was working with the old bios and not working with the new.and how to change the watts of the cpu?

You can't change the wattage of the CPU. You need to install a 95W or less CPU that's supported and flash the old BIOS back or replace your CPU with one that's on the supported list. The sSPEC of your CPU should be on the retail box.

G

You will need to reflash the bios, but if you can't swap the cpu to do so, the only option would be replacing the physical BIOS ROM with a preflashed version of the older, working bios. Again, im curious as to why you were flashing the bios in the first place.

It used to work, but the BIOS has been fixed to detect your CPU properly and it now knows that it is a 125W version. I already told you how to fix it. Install a 95W or less compatible CPU and flash back the old BIOS.