My new watercooled case

blackpanther26

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
I took the photo's from my iPhone so sorry about the image quality. I have a new CPU block and resivor which I can now run my i7 950 at 4GHz at around 60c. here is my temps after 10minutes testing.

scaled.php

My changes are from a Danger Den CPU block to the XSPC Raystorm CPU block and switched from the swiftech MCRES Micro Rev. 2 to PrimoChill - Typhoon Split Window - Single Bay dual loop.
My pump and rad is the same.
Pump Danger Den DD-CPX Pro 12V.
And the rad is Swiftech MCR220-XP eXtreme Performance Dual 120mm Slim Radiator.

For some reason my pump is more noiser than before. I think it may be because I used regular mounting tap from walmart instead of a ruber pad but I don't mind it as I'm going to be doing another loop for my GPU in my Silverstone Tj07 case in about 6 months.

Your pump is probably noisier than before because you may not have bled all the air out, keep an eye on it everytime you flush/change out/clean the loop

and no need to apologise for the image quality, I'm sorry you have to have an
I-phone, :p
is that 60'c at load? whats your room temp there? you should be lower than that on water imo
Moto

blackpanther26

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
I was able to get up to 4.37GHz for about 5 minutes testing and it crashed but my temps stayed in the low 70c. My other water block would have been nearly 90c. a definate sign of improvmen in the Raystorm Versis the DD-MPC-CPU block. I did how ever got to get a CPUz evaluation that's in my new sig. I was able to boot up at 4.4GHz but with not able to get into windows I did not want to break somthing as I need this computer for about a year or so more before my anual 2 year upgrade. I did take more pictures of my case.

img0061dc.jpg

img0062ed.jpg

Right now I'm going to be at 4GHz 24/7