Sign in with
Your question
Closed

PC cannot work after installing Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling

Last response: in Overclocking
March 10, 2012 11:57:17 AM

I've just installed Corsair H60 liquid cooling and when I tried booting my computer up, after 5 seconds or so, everything stops. It happens every time I tried to boot the computer up.
My monitor was black and nothing appeared.
For 2 seconds before the entire system stops, the fan gets very noisy. And for the entire time the computer was booting up, my gpu's fan was even noisier than when I was playing my games.
I cannot get to BIOS or anything.
Why is this happening?

Cooling system: Cosair H60
Cpu: Intel I5 760
GPU: ATI 5770
Mobo: Gigabyte Ga-H55M-UD2H
PSU: 600W Max - 700W
a b K Overclocking
March 10, 2012 2:35:55 PM

Have you taken the H60 off and tried your old cooler? Or 2, do you have another video card you can swap in and see what it does? Or 3, do you have on board video that you could use and take out your 5770 and try?

EDIT: The tubes should be at the front bac or side going into the H60 radiator to limit air trapping. You used a good thermal paste when you put it on right? And finally, the H60 pump AND fan plugs are plugged into the mobo correctly?
Score
a b K Overclocking
March 11, 2012 4:55:30 AM

If you can eliminate the block mounting as a problem, then my next guess would be problems with the cables.

I'd go back and check all power cables in the PC. Sometimes a bump is all they need to lose contact and cause minor problems.
Score
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
March 12, 2012 7:02:08 PM

Make sure that you have a fan connected to the CPU fan header. Some boards / BIOS' have a setting that will prevent the system from starting if there is no fan connected.
Score
April 13, 2012 4:47:59 PM

I have exactly the same MB, and had exactly the same problem.
You need to plug the pump directly into the PSU with an adaptor ( £2 ), the Sys_Fan header is no good.
Score
a c 325 K Overclocking
April 13, 2012 5:08:00 PM

This topic has been closed by Rubix_1011
Score
!