Cooler for I5 and cooler master Elite 343

Hollis613

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the help.

So, I built my new pc and everything went together smoothly but I want to add an aftermarket cooler. So, I can do some over clocking.

I have a corsair H50 from a previous build but I don't know if it will work with it.
The front of the case has a 120mm fan but I don't know if the tubes will reach that far.

I'm willing to do air cooled as long as it isn't rediculously loud

I want to add a few storage harddrives once the prices come down a little.

Case: Cooler Master Elite 343 - max height of cooler 148mm
CPU: I5 2500K1
Mobo: Gigabyte Z68MA-D3H-B3
Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB - these are really tall!!!!!
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120GB
VGA: Zotac 560 Ti
PSU: Corsair GAming Series 800w

No bud! i have a 430 with a 212+ in it.
OP i would seriously consider a better case for your level of gear.
Your components are high-end mid level and the case is budget.
Cooling options are terrible = 3 fan mounts one 120mm and two 90mm
Be good for Granny but sub-standard for a gaming build.
If that case is what you're going to stick with the best you can do is a CM TX3.
You can overclock to 4.0GHz easily and safely with the stock cooler btw.

Hollis613

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
Mmmm, well I was going to go with the thermaltake a30 but they were out of stock at microcenter and I was buying all the parts at once so I needed a case.

Can you recommend me a case about the same size. Or another cube one. I wanted the smallest case imcan get. And still be able to sli later on and add a few hard drives. Something I can use my older h50 in would justify a new case

Perferably the case is in stock at the Cambridge www.microcenter.com

Thanks for all the help. Should have spend a few more minutes on case selection. But I could still return it.

And if a case has esata in the front that would be cool. When I go sli I'll have to remove my esata card which is attached to my sans disk tower raid

Thanks again,

Hollis613

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
I no the mobo will fit but just want something smaller. Don't need all those extra slots and the case I have now will hold everything plus more hdd. It's just not quite wide enough for the 212 cooler