Why wont vcore go past 1.400 ??

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
i need to get my vcore up higher for a stable OC. problem is, is that once i set it to anything above 1.410 or anything above 1.4 infact, my cpu clock speed wont go past 1400 mhz? yes i have everything turned off, power now, cool and quiet, c6, everything. cpuz says my clock rate is only 1400mhz when its really set to 4400 mhz. tried to run prime 95, no increase of the clock rate. i should mention i have a micro atx am3+ mobo with a 4pin mobo connector not an 8pin. im not sure if that makes a difference. maybe my motherboard is limited to vcore settings even tho it has the option to go to anything from the 1.25 to 1.8 range. any ideas how to get my vcore up past 1.4 with the clock rate increased properly?

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

yes its true, right now im overcloked to 4.2 ghz (fx4100) at vcore 1.387 and my temp is about 12 c at idle. my clock speed is always at 4.2ghz mind you. however when i do play a game it gets to 40c

so with the other config when i was trying for 4.4ghz at 1.4 Vcore it was also around 15 c
thats because the clock rate was at 1.4 ghz and it wouldnt budge any higher no matter what you do or play. the cpu is not being pushed. so yes it was at 15 c

Well, here is the thing, if you are running 1.4v through a CPU, I really doubt it is gonna be 15C unless you got some serious watercooling running through it. I bet you are just getting a false reading. When running games it tells you it still is 1.4Ghz, but do the games play smooth? If the games play smoothly, I think it is just telling you 1.4Ghz, but really, you are running 4.4Ghz.

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

no they dont play smoothly it deffintley isnt working right at 1.4v or higher. because when i restart my computer it doesnt reboot. the computer screen wont turn off and the computer wont restart back up again. i know this is happening because of the vcore being at 1.4v or higher. so i have to manually turn it off and boot it back up again ( i dont have to clear the cmos either). im thinking that maybe its because my Powersupply isnt strong enough. i have a 600 watt. im running a XFX radeon 6790 gpu, 2 harddrives and thats pretty much it. not much is running in my computer hardware wise,but maybe if i had a 750 watt the vcore wouldnt screw up past 1.4v

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

oh one more thing. in the bios it says my cpu is at 30 c. but in windows it says 15c. maybe my motherboard just has some dumb power saving feature not sure

Well, the PSU shouldn't make it save power. If it is still supplying the 1.4v even while running 1400Mhz, then the PSU is doing its job. What PSU is it, not just the wattage.

Also, the BIOS runs your CPU at 100%, so it is gonna be hotter. Go into windows and make sure you have no sleep settings on.

Have you run the 750w? 600w will cover that OC if it is quality.

Do you have some cap set to stop the Vcore? Set it to a fixed 1.4v and see if that helps if you are running an offset or auto Vcore.

Also, have you ruled out that it isn't the 4.4Ghz that is making it bad and not the 1.4v?

Under my Intel SpeedStep there is a section for long and short term power duration and if those are not set to high enough values, my core ratio goes down. If there is a section under turbo boost set those values to 150w for short and 200w for long.

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

its a diablotek 600 watt DA serious.i really dont see anything in the bios as far as vcore min and maximum. there is a vcore overvoltage that is set on default.