Sign in with
Your question

CPU right temp

Last response: in Components
January 19, 2010 4:20:32 PM

Hey everybody...
...as a Rookie,i have a few things to ask...what is the right side to put the cpu fan?
to blow air straight-down to the cpu or drive the air out???
I have an 6300 Core to duo and it's running between 43-48*C,is it a right temp for it or i have a problem,now or later on?

More about : cpu temp

a b ) Power supply
a c 131 à CPUs
January 19, 2010 4:49:27 PM

Don't change what way the manufacturer mounted the fan. They are supposed to blow down though.

For the 6300 if it's not overclocked that is a bit warm. Check load and idle temperatures though. Use HWmonitor and measure the temperature on idle, then use the program prime95 to load the CPU (maximum heat selection) and wait until the temperature levels out. Don't let it go above 60C though.

What HSF are you using? Stock or did you buy something else?
January 20, 2010 5:00:03 PM

enzo matrix said:
Don't change what way the manufacturer mounted the fan. They are supposed to blow down though.

For the 6300 if it's not overclocked that is a bit warm. Check load and idle temperatures though. Use HWmonitor and measure the temperature on idle, then use the program prime95 to load the CPU (maximum heat selection) and wait until the temperature levels out. Don't let it go above 60C though.

What HSF are you using? Stock or did you buy something else?

Thank's for reprly,i'm using Cooler Master-Gemini S
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
a c 131 à CPUs
January 20, 2010 6:41:11 PM

Intel core 2 duo E6300 or Pentium dual core E6300?
And are you overclocking at all?
How much thermal paste did you use and what brand?

Here is something about the fans:
http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling/showdoc.aspx?i=297...

It also mentions the temperatures for a core 2 extreme x6800. Overclocked and at stock 2.93GHz.
January 20, 2010 7:04:21 PM

Core to duo E6300
!