VPU Reset in CoD:waw on 4850

wdcook

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
Hi, while playing Call of Duty: World at War recently I have been getting a VPU recovery error while playing that resets my GPU and crashes my game.

I checked the temps on the 4850 and they were sitting at 84c degrees at a max temp from HWmonitor.

The only other thing I can think of is my PSU, its quite old, but 750 watts. This is the only link I could really find after a couple min a searching.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2974582&CatId=2533

The only other game I play is World of Warcraft and I experience no graphical problems there.

wdcook

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
Thanks a lot for posting that guide.

I just wanted to make sure of two things before I went crazy trying everything in that guide.

1. Is there a problem with me using that PSU with my GPU.

2, I had my card hit 97c degrees two weeks ago after playing and received a VPU recovery, could a temp that high cause this issue to keep happening even after temps drop back to normal?

My case dosen't have the best airflow, so for now I have it open and it Max's at 84c degrees

wdcook

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
Na lol I never got prime95 to work, so i started a Virus scan, Spy Bot and was playin WoW to hit %100 CPU load ><

After like 30min of play I checked my G15 keyboard for the temps and CPU load and seen I was at a 100% load with 62 degrees. The processor is a E8400