Sign in with
Your question

H100 help..

Last response: in Overclocking
March 11, 2012 4:14:27 AM

So just installed my H100! looks good, temps are down, and nothing leaked or exploded!

Just a few concerns though: 1. There is almost like a buzzing sound or rattling sound coming from the CPU block. Is this normal? Is the just the general sound the block makes? (Ive read every where that it can be a tad noisy :o  )

2. My profiles wont work. When I boot, I think they are on high bc, those Corsair fans are LOUD! (Cougar Vortex's on the way) When i cycle through the profiles, nothing happens.. Any ideas?

More about : h100

a c 150 K Overclocking
March 11, 2012 4:22:51 AM

Do you have the fans plugged into the controller? it is normal for them to boot at 100% fan speed.
m
l
March 11, 2012 4:33:24 AM

yup. got the in the cpu block on top. The 1 pin runs to the CPU_FAN 1 spot. Maybe i should check my bios? They boot at 100% then dial back. When i press the profile button nothing happens...
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 150 K Overclocking
March 11, 2012 4:36:31 AM

The fans that come with at are pinned fans, plug those into the controller. Also is the molex plugged in?
m
l
March 11, 2012 4:42:02 AM

yes sir. Molex is plugged in. Both corsair fans are plugged into the main unit..
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
March 15, 2012 1:10:10 AM

Bet it's a partial airlock in the pump. Disconnect the rad, power up, rotate the radiator back and forth and then settle with the rad higher than the pump, both tubes oriented down.

See if the noise goes away. How is the rad mounted in the case? Where are the tubes in that orientation? Pic, perhaps?
m
l
March 15, 2012 1:46:26 AM

Thanks for the responses

I can definitely see it being that airlock issue. I dont have time to post a pic but I can give you specs. Its in a CM 932 case mounted at the top with the tubes oriented towards the optical drives. ( soon to be towards the back bc of some new toys! :D  )

Also, rubix I assume you mean unscrew the rad and power up then move it around? Not, unscrew the tubes from the rad? Right now, its about a 4/10 noise lvl.

Thanks!
m
l
March 15, 2012 4:26:24 AM

rubix_1011 said:
Bet it's a partial airlock in the pump. Disconnect the rad, power up, rotate the radiator back and forth and then settle with the rad higher than the pump, both tubes oriented down.

See if the noise goes away. How is the rad mounted in the case? Where are the tubes in that orientation? Pic, perhaps?

update: the noise is kind of in and out now. Sometimes its there, sometimes it isnt. I am going to wait it out and see if it stops for good. If not, I will take it off and move it around. Also, now have push/pull of cougar vortex's on there =)
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
March 15, 2012 1:24:40 PM

Quote:
Also, rubix I assume you mean unscrew the rad and power up then move it around? Not, unscrew the tubes from the rad?

You are correct, un-mount the radiator, leave tubes connected. You don't want to let the magic liquid out.

Quote:
update: the noise is kind of in and out now. Sometimes its there, sometimes it isnt.

Sounds like the issue is still intermittent- just be aware that the pump on the H100 isn't very powerful at all: it's actually quite weak.
m
l
March 15, 2012 1:56:52 PM

yeah, i was pretty aware of the pump when i bought the setup. I am really not ready for WC at the moment. So, i bought a closed loop system to hold me over until i make the jump.

Also, still can't get all the profiles to work...I have an ASRock X58 extreme motherboard. When I go to BIOS there are no settings for manual fan control. Only automatic, and setting a specfic temp. Any ideas? im planning on getting a fan controller, but I just want the dumb thing to work like its built to!
m
l
!