So, I keep hearing about people getting twins, and darnit, I want some! I've
had quite a few babies, but no twins. It's not like Sims 1, where you get
two kids but they are the same and just one is uncontrollable, is it? It's
like, you get TWO babies, right? (I know, I sound dumb huh? lol) I'm gonna
keep at this until I get some! There is just so much MORE to this game!!
*grin*

dartfaerie

I've been playing Sims2 for a couple of weeks now and recently had the first
set of twins. (It doubles your excitement --- twin screaming babies!) They
obviously had slightly different personalities even in their cribs. One was
always a bit crankier and hungrier than the other. Otherwise, I treated
them like human twins, if one needed it's diaper changeed, I knew the other
one would right away or very soon after. They are now school age and I
finally thought to look at their personalities. They are the same, except
one seems to have one more point in most personality categories.

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:03:04 -0700, dartgirl <dartgirl@hotmail.com> wrote:

> So, I keep hearing about people getting twins, and darnit, I want some!
> I've
> had quite a few babies, but no twins. It's not like Sims 1, where you get
> two kids but they are the same and just one is uncontrollable, is it?
> It's like, you get TWO babies, right? (I know, I sound dumb huh? lol)
> I'm gonna keep at this until I get some! There is just so much MORE to
> this game!!
> *grin*

They are like other babies except there are two of them. They grow up to
become perfectly normal kids. I know of no way to provoke this, but then
again my only fertile family so far has had three births and two of them
were twins. Two sets of twins, four out of five kids are twins! What a
stress. Luckily the first twins were school kids when the next were born.
Imagine if they had been toddlers ... Yes, my family depends on Elixir of
Life, there is no way they could stand having multiple kids without having
some years inbetween to let them grow a bit.

Especially since in both cases, the twins hate each other on sight. They
belong to mutual-hate zodiac signs, and cannot even give a compliment
without offending. For some obscure reason, however, "Family kiss" is
immune to this. So they kiss and make up, and then one of them is fool
enough to open his mouth and they are enemies again! The younger twins are
just the same, I hope this is not a fixed feature of twins. Probably not.
Each family seems to be different in some way, so probably the same with
this.

Remember how the only family with kids I played had kids three times, and
two of those times were twins? Well, now their oldest boy (and only
non-twin) has moved out, married a friendly neighborhood girl, and after
many attempts had their first child...ren! Twins. That makes 3 sets of
twins out of the 4 births that have happened so far in my clan.

It's raining twins ...

Could it be a side effect of the Elixir of Life? I believe the only one
who was not a twin was born before his parents started to use Elixir. (I
use it instead of Aging off on family oriented sims. It is not like they
can manage to spend all those aspiration points anyway.)

"Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
> Remember how the only family with kids I played had kids three times, and
> two of those times were twins? Well, now their oldest boy (and only
> non-twin) has moved out, married a friendly neighborhood girl, and after
> many attempts had their first child...ren! Twins. That makes 3 sets of
> twins out of the 4 births that have happened so far in my clan.
>
> It's raining twins ...
>
> Could it be a side effect of the Elixir of Life? I believe the only one
> who was not a twin was born before his parents started to use Elixir. (I
> use it instead of Aging off on family oriented sims. It is not like they
> can manage to spend all those aspiration points anyway.)

Interesting... :/ I finally got a set of twins, btw. :) I posted a pic over
at alt.binaries.the-sims-2

TRENDING THREADS