Acer aspire 7535g windows 7 upgraide

declin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
from vista primium to windows 7 but now my blue tooth will not work and my ati dedicated hd 4570 graphics does not work, i have tried downloading the drivers from acer web site and ati radeon website with no fix of this problem can anyone help with this problem please ive been at it for the last week and really need my graphics to work in order to play my cod 4, i wish i had stayed with the vista now as this problem has stoped me enjoying my expearience, would appreachiate response with reasons why i am having this problem :-( declindreslin@hotmail.com

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

There are 3 commas in the whole post and no other punctuation. :na:
Proper way to do it:
'I have upgraded from Vista Premium to Windows 7. Now the graphic card and blue tooth are not working. I have tried updating the GPU drivers from both the Acer website and ATI website with no luck. This is stopping me from enjoying COD 4. Can anyone help me fix this problem?'

Can you define 'not working'? You don't have any display? Your games crash? You have vertical red-green lines all over your screen?

G

J'ai un Aspire 7535G, donc le même et evidemment Mêmes Problèmes, tout va bien jusqu'au moment de terminer la mise à jour avec le DVD d'Acer ou là tout plante, écran noir Donc Pas-de-Possibilité d'Agir. La solution Était De Ne pas Mettre le pilote graphique, mais, celà N'empêche pas d'Avoir la carte graphique Pas completement, reconstruire, UNE 3200 avec 256 de mémoire. Je suis repassé à Vista.

G

i have the same problem about the graphic driver. when i try to install nvidia geforce 8400m gs driver for windows 7 the computer just keep saying version is for vista.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished

Hahaha .. I frequently fight the urge to do this.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
OK..

baisemann: Now is the card actually "not working", or does it just not show up that the drivers are installed? I ask because windows 7 may have already downloaded a driver of some kind on its own. (windows 7 is getting more and more controlling and mac-like) Look in my computer and see if the computer recognizes the card on its own.

declin: answer the questions above... We need more details.

matthewatts

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
From another forum.....

Anyone having a problem can fix PowerXpress and restore functionality as follows:

Uninstall all ATI products using Control Panel > Programs and Features (NO need to uninstall drivers through device manager)

Flash the bios to version 2.04 (Downloadable from Acer Home > service & support > driver download > notebook > aspire > 7535g > select windows 7 from dropdown menu and see v2.04 under BIOS tab)

Insert the Acer (green?) Upgrade DVD that came with the Windows 7 DVD and run the setup from Common Drivers > Video_AMD_PUMA_Win7_X86X64_8.634

And low and behold upon reboot PowerXpress shows High performance in the box and will switch automatically again!

G

Not wanting to go through the whole uninstalling/ rebooting, reinstalling etc process, i tried going to the card manufactures website and reinstalling the windows 7 driver....

http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages/psearch.aspx?type=2.4.2&product=2.4.2.3.31&contentType=GPU+Download+Detail&ostype=Windows+7+-+32-Bit+Edition&keywords=&items=20

It seems to be working absolutely fine now. I'm pretty sure I must have tried this before when i was trying to fix this problem a few months ago but for some reason it works now. My guess is a windows 7 update in the interim has fixed something that was causing a problem.

Anyway, its worth trying before taking more drastic meaures...