First Character Editor Program!

Last response: in Video Games
October 11, 2004 6:06:42 PM

This works, I just used it :)  Please read these instructions carefully.
You can thank everyone at ModtheSims2 for this:

Screenshot:

http://members.aol.com/tikitatea/sims2/simpe.jpg

Sims2 Character Editor:
First, you will need .NET Framework 1.1, get it through Windows Update if
you don't have it.

Next, download SimPe from:

http://sims.ambertation.de/

Now, backup your Documents/EAgames/Sims2 folder, particularly your
Neighborhood folder.

Open the SimPe program.

Click, file, open, browse to the neighborhood folder, choose which
neighborhood package number you want to open, N002_neighborhood.package is
Strangetown, if you want to open another neighborhood, simply go to that
number folder and open that package file.

Now, click on Plugin View, the tab in the middle of your screen. You won't
see anything yet, just leave it there.

Look to your left at the list of what's in your file. Click on Sim
Description. You will now see the list of your characters at the right. Your
recently made characters tend to be at the bottom of the list, so scroll to
the bottom and start there. Find a character you would like to edit by
clicking on the list until one with your sim's pic shows up in the plugin
view. Now, you'll see something familiar, you can see the character's
skills, interests, personality, age. To edit them, just click on the bars.
When you are done, click Commit. Then go to file, save. Wait for it to save.
That's it. Exit and load up your game.

Remember, this program is still kind of alpha, so just use it carefully and
keep your files backed up. Read the readme that comes with SimPe.

--
Carrigon
http://carrigon.proboards15.com

Doesn't work for me - getting a crash message

"Julie Carrigon" <carrigon@NOSPsuscom.net> wrote in message
> This works, I just used it :)  Please read these instructions carefully.
> You can thank everyone at ModtheSims2 for this:
>
> Screenshot:
>
> http://members.aol.com/tikitatea/sims2/simpe.jpg
>
> Sims2 Character Editor:
> First, you will need .NET Framework 1.1, get it through Windows Update if
> you don't have it.
>
> Next, download SimPe from:
>
> http://sims.ambertation.de/
>
> Now, backup your Documents/EAgames/Sims2 folder, particularly your
> Neighborhood folder.
>
> Open the SimPe program.
>
> Click, file, open, browse to the neighborhood folder, choose which
> neighborhood package number you want to open, N002_neighborhood.package is
> Strangetown, if you want to open another neighborhood, simply go to that
> number folder and open that package file.
>
> Now, click on Plugin View, the tab in the middle of your screen. You won't
> see anything yet, just leave it there.
>
> Look to your left at the list of what's in your file. Click on Sim
> Description. You will now see the list of your characters at the right.
> Your
> recently made characters tend to be at the bottom of the list, so scroll
> the bottom and start there. Find a character you would like to edit by
> clicking on the list until one with your sim's pic shows up in the plugin
> view. Now, you'll see something familiar, you can see the character's
> skills, interests, personality, age. To edit them, just click on the bars.
> When you are done, click Commit. Then go to file, save. Wait for it to
> save.
> That's it. Exit and load up your game.
>
> Remember, this program is still kind of alpha, so just use it carefully
> and
> keep your files backed up. Read the readme that comes with SimPe.
>
> --
> Carrigon
> http://carrigon.proboards15.com
> ANS-Alpha Nu Sigma--TV and Movie Spoilers Sorority Style

Anonymous
October 16, 2004 8:11:05 PM

Hi,
this little program rocks ^^
I only use it for editing the sims age, but that works quite well!

Good job

Daniel
!